Cruiser seat question

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
I know it 's a wierd place for it but we got all kinds here so here it goes..

My riding buddy just moved up from a 750 shadow to 09 VTX 1300.. just for the pic police

busa in black2.jpg

The problem is he has a petite wife who loves the extra power but was more comfortable on the smaller bike, because now she finds herself sliding forward when he brakes on the rear seat because the larger rear seat has more room. She loves to ride so my buddy needs to fix this problem before he does any other kind of mods like pipes :rofl: After market seats were the first thoughts that came to mind, Mustang seats seem to be very comfortable but still have the extra space for her to slide forward an they also have one with a back rest for the front seat that may solve the problem but the sucker is like 600.00

So if any you guys have had this problem or have ideas for a solution post up or pm if you don't want to admit you ride one of those bad boys:laugh: jk .. I know there are a few metric an American iron guys here.

busa in black2.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know the email address to Lee at NewImage I know he has it it on his site but when I click on it it sends me to windows messenger live internet explorer.. I try to avoid anything that has Microsoft or uses Internet Explorer :laugh: linky doesn't actually show his email address.

Maybe there is something he can do like add a bump or a stopper on the front part of the rear seat. :laugh:

I :dunno: just trying to help my bud get his pipes :laugh:

You're down there in Miami I bet you can find a custom upholstery shop that can customize the seat for a couple hundred depending on what you want. :thumbsup:

If the problem is not yet resolved we took a seat from a Victory to a local upholstery shop and for the whopping cost of $125 had then re foam the seat and recover it so it was much more comfortable for my wife. There is usually a good shop in most larger towns.

MY other bike is a vtx 1300, and the stock seats do suck. I use the a gell pad to fix mine. Take cover off the seat,lay the gell pad on it and mark the foam with a sharpie. now take a grinder and remove the foam the same thickness as the gell pad.lay the gell pad in the receased hole you just made, put cover back on. Now you seats nice and mushy, a$$ wont slid now:laugh:

Back