Stock Bikes/age group

23 got the bike right off the boat ( 1 mile on her from dealer then the next 12,000+ on me) and never looked back. still gotta lot of work to do to make me feel like im done building my babe. Gafler rotors all around by friday. =-) then keep building!

I've got the same bike, black pegs are awesome, change the whole look, waitin to do mine.:beerchug:

Well Im 28 and done many of mods such as full exhaut, triple tree mod, lights, seats, rearsets powdercoated, lowering rear and front, and thats just start.

Im 24 and my 08 is stock. Id like to throw on an exhaust and tune it over the winter. Being a full time student and building a single turbo mustang takes priority however.

27 00busa i got her with 1500 miles on it from a gentlemen that bought it rode for a season, took it to a shop tore her down, bored her out, upgraded piston, tranny. There is a stack of reciepts. After he got it back her took out maybe twice he said had a close call scared the daylights out him self and i stepped in an gave him 10 for it about 2yrs ago. I went crazy on looks on paint and chroming anything metal. Since being deployed i have added NOS, changed my pipes again to dapincci straight pipes. changed the sprockets to a 16/45. i was running a 17/43. and she is also stretched 6in. i think that about somes me up. i will post pics when i get home this weekend WOOT WOOT!!:cheerleader::cheerleader:

I'm 31. My bike is a 2000. Bought her stock.

Leo Vince Exhaust (cut 8 inches off of cans)
Integrated Tail light
Chrome Fairing Screens
Smoked blinker lenses
Pazzo Leavers
PAINT JOB

Tearing her apart in January so I can get the frame powder coated black. Here's some before and after pics...

100_1244.jpg

SANY0061.jpg

44 years old here got the bike new in 05 new rear brake lines sliders and i just took off the r22s and put the stock cans back on they are to noisy on longer trips

SSPX0007.jpg

I am 29. The only mods I have planned are cosmetic. As well as new break rotors, flash the ecu, and new exaust. In that order. I can't ride it to the bikes limit any way. Besides it doesn't even know that me or my passengers are on it.

tiger run.jpg

I'm 42. I have never left a bike stock in my 30 years of riding dirt bikes and street bikes. Of course as a dad I have other priorities that makes things like weekend drag racing a hit or miss thing (some of the guys at the track run every test and tune and every points race - never see their families). I will say that even when mine was only 150 miles old she was making her first pass through the lights.

Suspension is stock but the the sag is set and the damping rates have been tweaked to make it handle far better than it was delivered from the showroom. Otherwise it's got the Hindle SSR exhaust, PC-V, PAIR removed and crankcase vent to atmosphere.

At 58 I don't want the damn thing to go any faster than it is and stock is plenty fast enough. My mods consist of ZG Touring screen, throttlemeister, Corbin seat, Centerstand, SW Mototech racks and GIVI bags and a digital volt meter for the unexpected.

I have wired in my Gerbing heated connectors for my riding suit and gloves plus a 12 volt accesory plug hidden in the tail.

29 here. I tinker with everything I own, it's just part of what I do. The only bike I haven't modded is my CB550, save for basic maintance.

I thought the Hayabusa was fast enough when I first bought it. After 1500 miles and a month worth of riding, It doesn't feel like a rocket anymore. Just got used to the power, I suppose. In the spring it'll be +2 in the rear, and currently has slipons. Rest of the mods are just cosmetic, though.

I'm 49 I've always changed my bikes to suit me. Powers great but I did cut down the stock pipes,45 tooth rear sprocket, speedohealer,heli bars,throttlemeister,1 inch raising link next will be Hel brake lines front and back. Love the bike just got it last june it was a hold over 08.

turned 49 last December, Aside from Full Alien Head exhaust and PCIII everything else is stock. I'm adding some appearance mods (sliders, levers, etc) this winter.
busa08-1_resize.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, 48 years old and I think I have achieved oneness - Master Po would be proud!

Just a few mods mainly the Yoshi exhaust - love that machine!

I'm 51...Full Akro w/ CF can...PCIIIUSB...GIPro ATRE/Gearshift Indicator....CycleCat Rearsets....Braided SS lines throughout...EBC HH Brakepads...Puig Dub-Bub Windscreen...Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail-light/Directionals...Tank Bra...Air Temp sensor relocated....a lil suspension tuning...Frame Sliders...and?...That's about it...modestly modded...but imho?...far better behaved/performing and nicer to ride than when she was bone stock.

I've yet to own a bike i left bone stock...granted?...i didn't really need for my busa to have more power but the 33lbs of weight lost thanks to losing the stock exhaust and the enhanced brakes w/ SS lines and a tad more agressive pad were welcome changes...so was the extra ergo room the rearsets afforded...comfort...performance...handling...if it can be made better for a few bucks more?..why not.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited:
30...for 2 more weeks. My '08 is pretty much stock. Took off the rear mud gaurd and raised the back end up an inch with dog bones. I'd like to put an exhaust on it eventually but I haven't decided on one yet. An exhaust would be about the extent of power mods for me. Everything else on my to do list is suspension orientated.

Back