Big O crash, wear your gear, I'm OK

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
I'm Ok, a little sore on the upper left shoulder blade, and my neck.
I was riding on my favorite canyon road through an especially twisty part not too fast because I wasn't feeling it. I was in a sharp left turn and a car came around the corner in the middle of the road. I braked hard and went to the right, missed the car, but now I'm going toward the edge of the road. It's VERY steep over the side so I braked hard and leaned all the way to the left. My left knee dragged and I got off hitting hard on my upper back and my helmet hit pretty hard. The first thing I could think of was "get off the road" and I crawled on my hands and knees off the road, then thought "she's still running", crawled over and turned her off. I sat up and didn't feel any sharp pain, blinked a couple of times, no blurry vision. There's no cell phone reception in that canyon but a few minutes later a guy on a VFR or something came by and offered to ride up to where there's reception. Get this, he rode all the way up there, called, but the AAA wouldn't come without my address or some more info so he rode all the way back, picked me up and gave me a ride up to get reception, and then gave me a ride all the way back down to my bike. Thanks Dan.
Wearing all my gear helped prevent more serious injury. You can see marks on the jacket pic where my back protector took the impact.
Baby has a hole in her case on the left side, the fairing and the brackets are toast.
No the driver probably didn't even know he caused a crash.

Jacket.JPG

Fairing damage.JPG

Helmet 1st.JPG

Hole in case.JPG

Helmet 2nd.JPG

Sorry to hear of the get-off. Glad you are here to tell us about it. How many miles on that Busa?

So sorry to hear, but I'm glad you're OK! Thank goodness for the gear :bowdown:

Sorry to hear about the wreck but very glad you were geared up. ATGATT baby!

wow!!! it looks like you smacked that lid hard on the pavement, glad your ok!!!

Another testament to the benefits of good gear and ATGATT! Glad you could walk away from that one!

Owen, that's awful. Somehow I feel that it was as good as it was because of your riding skills, I'm sure a lesser rider would have incurred much more serious results. Good luck in getting it all back together and healing. Doyle

Dang Owen, really sorry to hear about this. I'm really glad you're OK.

dang that sux .... glad you are ok and that the bike isnt in that bad a condition, all things considered it could have been way worse.

Back