Cafe Racer Pt. 8.5

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Today I got a lot more buttoned up, including the radiator. Notice TWO BIG THINGS in the pics (I should have made this a quiz like Tufbusa does!)....

First, notice there is no oil cooler, some very knowledgable folks have assured me that with the additional airflow around the motor, fully exposed radiator and engine ice....it won't be needed. Yes, it's mostly about looks, I can't believe I'm saying that!
Second, (this is big) every naked Busa I see has that darn right side radiator hose that originates on the top right forward portion of the radiator. The local KTM shop mechanic does delicate aluminum welding as a sideline so I had him remove the stock FORWARD output port and install a replacement on the BACKSIDE of the right reservoir....this will allow a much shorter and less visible stainless line to disappear quickly under the fuel injector area, instead of looking like a three foot truck line! (it's fine under a fairing but this is different).
Next phase will be measuring, assembling and installing all the stainless lines (that should take a full day) THEN receive a "care package" from Daniel @ CloudNine that will have a custom headlight/turn signal/speedometer, tach bracket that he is custom fabricating...that will be incredible!
More to come.....Doyle

P1030096.JPG

P1030097.JPG

P1030098.JPG

P1030099.JPG

Starting to come together and lookin' good.

You may know this but I have heard the smaller 1K Gixxer front fender bolts on easily to the Busa.

Starting to come together and lookin' good.

You may know this but I have heard the smaller 1K Gixxer front fender bolts on easily to the Busa.

That is very much a "fender candidate" Russ, my favorite so far is a German Streetfighter super-minimalist one (below). Doyle

BigBikeFrontFenderBK13[1].jpg

Hey Doyle, the Carrozzeria wheels fit that color scheme pretty well, are they gonna stay on that bike or are they just on there for temporary mock-up. They sure looked good on your other Busa, what are you gonna put on that one now? The bike is coming along, I keep watching for updates, can't wait to see it finished and in person.

Hey Doyle, the Carrozzeria wheels fit that color scheme pretty well, are they gonna stay on that bike or are they just on there for temporary mock-up. They sure looked good on your other Busa, what are you gonna put on that one now? The bike is coming along, I keep watching for updates, can't wait to see it finished and in person.

I wasn't sure about the wheels Gene, BUT, when I put the '05 LE wheels on HayBus, it looks so good (gloss black with polished edges) AND since my slicks are mounted on the exact same OEM wheels....that convinced me. Without getting too wordy, the CZ wheels use a Kawasaki ZX-10 sprocket bolt pattern so, in terms of gear changes, interchangability, etc., HayBus gets two sets of wheels and that's fine. BTW, I'm also going to switch swingarms in the future as well (0-6" black onto Cafe Racer and OEM black onto HayBus). The cool thing about that is the stock black one can adjust to about 3/4" shorter than the extended one so that's awesome for track use.

The Cafe Racer now has adjustable dogbones so it'll be fun to sometimes extend and lower the bike for drags, cruising and some bike night stuff.

Take care, I hope you're feeling good! Doyle

Additional info...here's the headlight system that's going on it.

HesaDualHeadlightsArizonaBlack[1].jpg

Sweet headlights! What does the bracket look like that holds them on?

Wow, you dug this thread up from a few months ago! Anyways, Daniel (CloudNine Motorsports) is fabricating a bracket that will 1)hold the headlights 2)hold the turn signals 3)hold the tach/speedo unit(the Gen I Busa unit is one of very few speedo units that, if mounted properly, looks great when mounted on it's own and NOT surrounded by dash and fairing plastic). Raydog

ps I've had a lot of inquiries from org members that are considering a similar project.....be advised that Daniel will be able to duplicate the mount for additional customers!

BTW, not that anyone cares besides me, but I'm now calling it, "my superbyke project" ever since I decided to go with the Speigler superbike handlebar conversion, "Cafe Racer" didn't fit anymore! Doyle

ps notice the new carbon fiber front fender...color/texture fit right in.

P1030379.JPG

That is lookin good !!

What else you doing before you call it done (if there ever is such a thing) ?

Back