Who has SW Motech racks and Givi E21 bags installed?

wardie

Donating Member
Registered
Just got my racks today and noted I will have to relocate the rear blinkers. I'd like to know what's involved if you've done this swap could you PM me. Looks like I have to get into the tail but they didn't supply and additoinal wiring so maybe it's not needed. Not very good instructions but can work with it. Wardie

saw someone on the road with these installed a year back.

Why didn't you choose a tourer instead of a busa?

I've got em and the same Givi's.... But I didn't use there add on lights as I'm running a LI Jammer, plus after market exhaust! So, I had to do some modifications to the rack and re-powder coat everything. Seems to me that you can still see everything just not as clear the more to the side of the bike you get.

Suzuka1980 it's the bike I have and I do a lot of distance so it makes sense to convert from soft bags to hard. Good bike for touring. Long wheelbase, heavy and stable.

KS-Waterbug thanks I'll mount them w/o relocating the signals and see how it fits. If I have to move them for visibility then that's what I'll have to do.

Mike 1180 is sending some pics of his installation.

Thanks Wardie

I do a lot of long distance touring on my 'busa too. I use the Ventura bag system but I'd be interested in seeing pics of the SW Motech racks. Please post some up when you get them mounted. THANKS!:thumbsup:

saw someone on the road with these installed a year back.

Why didn't you choose a tourer instead of a busa?

The Busa is a Sport/Touring bike...ask Pashnit why he tours with his Busa!

Good luck on your install Larry...

Last edited:
Just got my racks today and noted I will have to relocate the rear blinkers. I'd like to know what's involved if you've done this swap could you PM me. Looks like I have to get into the tail but they didn't supply and additoinal wiring so maybe it's not needed. Not very good instructions but can work with it. Wardie

I have the SW Motech rack with E360 bags. I didn't have to relocate the lights, I think the option is given because with the bags mounted the lights are obscured from either side.

picture...

wm_normal_eureka-2009_081.jpg

Wardie, this is what I did. Just one possible way.
I originally installed these with the stock exhaust on and since then, have gone to a different single exhaust, but this is what I did to fit the stock one.
I wanted to keep my original rear signals, and also installed an integrated led tail light-brake light assembly. (lots of light now)
I took off the original signal assembly and cut the rubber down so as to shorten the length that it stuck out.
I then plugged the hole that the signal light assembly was mounted in, on the fender with a large flat washer and nut, and painted that washer black so as to hide it a little.
I did do a fender mod to cut back some of that look, but I just attached the bracket that came with the Motech kit onto the rear fender (drill and bolt it to the plastic). I mounted my license plate and that bracket with 2 bolts. I then drilled 2 more holes in the plate and plastic to add 2 more bolts (more stability).
It looks OK, not fantastic, but it is completely functional.
Those mounts are so good that 3 of them (less the rear one we are talking about) will hold that bag on.
With the 4th point (rear bracket reinforced with the second pair of bolts) it is rock solid, and you could lift the bike up by that mount.
Hey good luck brother!

Givi mount 1.JPG

givi mount 2.JPG

Givi mount 3.jpg

Givi mount 4.jpg

Givi mount 5.JPG

Good point and I meant to ask this earlier... Gen I or Gen II? It will make a difference, see above

Anyone know of a toprack unit that can mount the top case over the rear seat? I never travel with a passenger and work sort of like a backrest?

Anyone know of a toprack unit that can mount the top case over the rear seat? I never travel with a passenger and work sort of like a backrest?

I was thinking of just using seat pan with leather removed and just mounting top case directly to pan then could switch between trunk or hump easily. I don't ride with passengers either.

I've seen at least one other members bike on this site who did just this.... But, it was a custom piece!

Back