Front stand~?~ Me no need no stinkin front stand~!!~

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
This is how I normally change wheels and tires and lift/lower the bike

Makes life easy, but PLEASE do not attempt this the first time by your self~!!~

Have someone help you, and make sure your lift, mounts, etc are sturdy~!~

The bike has to be in gear and pushed forward a touch to miss the windscreen (not really, but safer)

I use the comalong on the Busa and the electric winch to take the Jeep top on and off...

My legal disclaimer woudl say, do not attempt this at home...

if you do, be careful~!~

100_1706.jpg

100_1707.jpg

I do something similar, put the rear on my pit bull first, use a spanner bar on my strap, boat winch lagged to the wall and pullys overhead. Pull both wheels same time. Way easier on the Strom due to the handle bar has a cross bar of sorts & I can lift without the spanner & clears the screen easier. I think this calls for a gizmo to be properly designed & sold for the application.

I always show pics from the track and very few at home...got the 38 cal sliders in now~!~ :guns:

Seems like alot of work just to take the front wheel off but its your bike so :beerchug:

I never move the straps...every thing stays in place so...pull it up and put the hooks under the triple tree

Yeah, if I hooked everything up each time, that'd be a royal pita

If I did that I could just see it swinging and twisting at the worst time possible...in fact it has already happened when I tried to rig the same deal under an engine lift...with straps attempting to keep it from swaying...whatever works.

Were you a tight-rope walker in a past life? :laugh:

I put this through the steering stem and lift it by that, much in the same manner:

Hoist Tool.JPG

Ya my winch gets allot of use, Deer season, tire season. Blade sharpening, sky hook is useful, like anything else, dedicated front stand would be better for the Busa, the winch simply works. 998....

I just use my engine lift and straps. Works great for me. Outlaws method works great. We raise the bike back up quick every time we get back from the track.

Were you a tight-rope walker in a past life? :laugh:

I put this through the steering stem and lift it by that, much in the same manner:

Wow! That's an excellent idea. What kind of sillycone did you use that can lift that much weight? Are you gonna sell these kits? I'm really impressed!

Is that a Rock Chock? Who makes that?:laugh:

Just kidding, very resourceful. :thumbsup:
Bubba

Hell yea, works like a champ- I've been doing nearly the same thing for several years now:thumbsup: just wrap a set of soft ties around the upper triple and use a couple good ratchet straps thru a pair of eyebolts about 2 feet a part ran into the header above my garage door:thumbsup:
If you put it on the rear stand first it holds the bike straight while lifting

'06blkbus-yoshi kit 040.jpg

'06blkbus-yoshi kit 041.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That's an excellent idea. What kind of sillycone did you use that can lift that much weight? Are you gonna sell these kits? I'm really impressed!

:rofl:

The "d" ring is welded to the threaded rod, the silicone is just as a cushion when I drop it down so it doesn't mark the steering head.
Good one though! :laugh:

Back