Votes: 14 35.0%
  • are you crazy, wait for the mechanic

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • do whatever Peter from family guy would do

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • i love Family Guy!!!

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters
I don't think your going to be able to ride to work "open it up" and ride home in the same day.

i got it to work guys....that was a fast ride...i can leave it in work...secured...my workplace is her home

I would go ahead and get all the gaskets ordered so that won't
Hold you up when its time to put in back together

Myself, I'd take it to my mechanic.
Busa transmission rebuilding is a little deep for me. Tires, brakes, oil changes, etc.. I'll do, motor innards are a bit much.:laugh:

Just to give you an idea of just how deep you'll be-make certain you have a manual on hand and don't skimp on the new c-clips in the tranny.:thumbsup: If you've worked on other 4 cylinders bikes it not too bad..... The pistons & bearings were the reason for this split,but while I was this far I also replaced all of the components related to 2nd gear; shift fork, gear,slider gear,etc. 400 plus runs at the end of the '07 season hitting nearly every 1/8th & 1/4 mile races along with every other Wed.nite test & tune so I'm sure the extra $400 in parts while I was open seemed like a good idea??? If you take your time and make sure you have the time to do it right:rulez: its an amazing feeling when your done and take it out on that first ride :thumbsup:

l_3f966f8a1c69d759a82bd79093456d6d.jpg

l_7e2e5df68469e3848e2798cf0abcc5ab.jpg

l_d28e0f5c3260345d1a6464e1ed742486.jpg

l_fc95d90208076c5e5fc45bffe82d1b0f.jpg

l_90378c4002963640465746ec7e6007ed.jpg

wow, it's all one piece. didn't know that. how difficult is it to install a big bore kit? i'd assume pretty straightforward if you can split the motor like that. looks fun.

wow, it's all one piece. didn't know that. how difficult is it to install a big bore kit? i'd assume pretty straightforward if you can split the motor like that. looks fun.
Probably fun the 1st time... but if and when you have problems, not so fun the 2nd and 3rd time.

I"ve done 30 pluss engines top to bottom, I suggest you spend your money on an experienced builder. One small clip jumps out and you could lose the whole motor !

wow...amazing...i will never and can never do that. I will be sobbing at a corner of the garage if I find my engine in bits and pieces like this.

It's allway's cool to see a hammer sitting next to a dissambled motor:thumbsup: It look's the same as mine when I did it. Good pic's.

Back