Update on Bessie

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Well as most of you know our very own Mc_Mustang is serving in Iraq in the Marine Corps and when he left we took his bike into our possession. The plan has been to perform a makeover for him since he serves so well his country and also as an admin here on the site... Today we had a little time to work on his bike he named Bessie and we wanted to share with you all the planning we have done and the progress we have made... We want you guys to know that the donations are going to a great cause and that we absolutely want to suprise Shawn at the same time.. I know it has been a long time since we have provided any updates so we snagged a few shots of the build as it stands today... Please be patient with us on this, we put pieces on, then have to take them off so we can work on other areas, in the end it will all bolt together nicely.. Shawn I think you will be proud of her and I can without hesitation tell you there won't be another like her out there.... In true org fashion we will be providing photo's to help show our progress....

So here we go.... Update time......

One of the most necessary mods for a gen 1 is resolving the overheating issues, we worked hard today and was able to install this second fan, its a tight fit and restricts turning just a little but the motor is guaranteed not to overheat... (As long as the extension cord stays plugged in)
omar-move 022.jpg

We got a hell of a deal on an exhaust from a 1993 Honda V45 Sabra, we thought the stock double sided exhaust made the bike look even... Omar worked for a long time trying to figure out how to get the thing to bend right so he called in some support.
omar-move 065.jpg

In normal fashion the professor got right into the problem and started looking into it, I never would have thought about it but apparently a hammer can bend the radiator enough to let this new exhaust fit under the plastics..
omar-move 025.jpg

We know that HID's are huge when riding at night and increases the safety factor, we added some more lights to the front to help a little more, we calculated that 65Watt flood lights would give you the best wide view..... A great thing about this particular mod is that you can pick up replacements at any Walmart..
omar-move 027.jpg

We did a quick wind tunnel test on the aerodynamics with Ninja Killer blowing cigarette smoke on the front, I dont think this will effect your top speed at all.....
omar-move 028.jpg

The bike was stuttering a little so we figured Bessie was just backed up a little, a couple of quick jabs with the plunger and the fuel lines opened right up...
omar-move 031.jpg

We knew that when you got back you were going to take a couple of long trips and we wanted you to be able to go as far as you wanted without having to stop... Since Busa's don't come with a reserve tank we attached this one for you, you can put the tank line between your legs or to the side we left plenty of slack.... You should get at least 300 miles before you have to refuel.
omar-move 083.jpg

No kidding this is really what Shawn's dash looked like before we touched it, you could barely get to the key because of all the wiring and the stands and equipment. We wanted to consolidate the equipment into one system so we custom integrated our own...
omar-move 038.jpg

You have to love this craftsmanship, bigger buttons so you can feel the buttons with your gloves on (Safety first) and the bright colors are stimulating and help a young man grow.... We were actually contacted by garmin on using this layouot in the future.....
omar-move 039.jpg

We decided that the bike needed a little something for the engine so Hal manufactured and machined this custom plenum for the turbo, we measured it and it still needs a few corners cleaned up... Hal has the actual blowers mounted right inside too.
omar-move 043.jpg

While the weather was nice outside professor started the custom paint work, he was asking me which color looked best with pink, flat eggshell or hunter green....
omar-move 050.jpg

Once we decided on the color Rick masked off the area just like a pro and used a small brush for the detail work.... On a side note when we finished with the bike Omar was able to do a little touch up work on his trim in the kitchen..
omar-move 049.jpg

Instead of a a big orange flag we thought we would mount this one to the back of the bike.... Old glory deserves the best!
omar-move 053.jpg

This next one is one amazing piece of integration, we were able to get you AM / FM with snooze installed on the dash, we got the really big numbers too. After a couple of cuts in the main harness we were able to make it so that when you hit a button on the system the display turns into a gear indicator! What time is it and what gear am I in can both be answered with just a glance down..
omar-move 055.jpg

We looked the plastics over real good and noticed lots of scratches on the sides and even the nose cone and tail. We remembered that you went down in Deals gap so we added these custom frame sliders, if you can scratch the paint with these big bad boys installed you have major problems, also on a side note you can get these replaced by driving through any construction zone in any state.
omar-move 059.jpg

While everyone else was working on projects I wanted to add my own touch to your bike... I was always intrigued by the big rigs and the exhaust they have, I thought that if you ever get caught in high water you could probably make it through.... I could not believe that a standard dryer exhaust vent matches up perfectly with a D&D exhaust.... the sound will be right in your ear too....
omar-move 061.jpg

A vew from the back....
omar-move 062.jpg

Hal walked by and told Rick he saw something in the flower bed, Rick called me over and pointed to the bushes
omar-move 067.jpg

Start pulling vegetation back
omar-move 068.jpg

Hey we just wanted you to know that Omar has been taking very very very good care of your stuff while your gone...
omar-move 069.jpg

omar-move 022.jpg

omar-move 065.jpg

omar-move 025.jpg

omar-move 027.jpg

omar-move 028.jpg

omar-move 031.jpg

omar-move 083.jpg

omar-move 038.jpg

omar-move 039.jpg

omar-move 043.jpg

omar-move 050.jpg

omar-move 049.jpg

omar-move 053.jpg

omar-move 055.jpg

omar-move 059.jpg

omar-move 061.jpg

omar-move 062.jpg

omar-move 067.jpg

omar-move 068.jpg

omar-move 069.jpg

It looks like you guys are doing a bang-up job! Keep up the good work! :rofl:

Shawn we don't want to make fun of you or anything but it will be about 20 months since you have ridden a bike, we decided that training wheels would help you keep Bessie upright, we tried everything but could not get the hydraulics to work on the side.
omar-move 070.jpg

You wont be needing that Redline stand anymore since we installed the training wheels where your spools used to be... These little wheels extend out with hydraulics and stay down until you reach about 20 mph then they pull up into this compact position.....
omar-move 074.jpg

Ergonomically from the back this looks HOT
omar-move 076.jpg

We filed for a patent this evening, you other advertisers remember we did it first! I bet we can sell these like hotcakes made on a foreman grill!
omar-move 078.jpg

While he was down there Omar pulled out the Armor all to make your tires SHINE
omar-move 081.jpg

This should help you move around on the seat to get that knee down a little...... Grip with your knees that should help
omar-move 082.jpg

Because we are always thinking of your feelings we thought that when you parked the bike you could extend this pole out from the side body panel and make people that granny was on the busa... ( Note the color of the pole and the equipment has been color matched to the planned color of the bike)
omar-move 085.jpg

It can't be all work, Bessie needed some TLC so we took part of her to play, we put her on the swings...
omar-move 088.jpg

We put her on the slide
omar-move 090.jpg

She sat around and talked to other plastics, she had a ball!
omar-move 092.jpg

NO comment necessary!
omar-move 093.jpg

Bessie needed to be punished, time out just didn't work!
omar-move 097.jpg

Hey if this build doesn't turn out well you can always use it as the fastest lawn mover on the books......
omar-move 098.jpg

We love ya Shawn, please be safe and know that we are proud of you and these pics will continue to come until you show up and take the keys in your own hands........

Be safe my friend.....

cap

omar-move 070.jpg

omar-move 074.jpg

omar-move 076.jpg

omar-move 078.jpg

omar-move 081.jpg

omar-move 082.jpg

omar-move 085.jpg

omar-move 088.jpg

omar-move 090.jpg

omar-move 092.jpg

omar-move 093.jpg

omar-move 097.jpg

omar-move 098.jpg

Last edited:
I am cryin' over here :rofl: Oh wait, I mean, really crying! :shocked:

Omar - thank you - Armor All on the tires is HOTT! I appreciate it, just keeps me confident on the attention to detail that you put into everything that you do... just tell me you added another fuse block for the lights and blower... :laugh:

Ok... very good very funny... But I started to feel a little sorry for the mighty Busa. First "trashed" then pummeled with a cinder block and then impaled with a fence post... I fully expected in the next picture you sick bastards would put that poor Busa on a medieval rack for that sought after 6" stretched modification!?!:thumbsup::laugh::thumbsup:

I really hate that I missed such a good time but it looks like the plan is really starting to come together. I love the final choice for the paint scheme! :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

I think a sattelite dish and a set of horizontal and vertical beam cb antennas would finish the look. Maybe a rocking chair for the passenger perch ! Of course what bike would be complete without a suicide shifter ! Oh the ideas just keep on coming, but you guys seem to be on the right track ! Be safe Shawn. You know your bike is in .... hands.

awesome work guys wish I had someone to take care my bike while I was/am gone to Iraq! She just sits in teh garage all alone!

Back