Argggg! Radiator Leak...help!

flybybusa

Rider formerly known as wingding
Donating Member
Registered
So I smelled anti-freeze the other day and saw a splat of something on my left side fairing. It looks like i hit a rock and put a very small hole in my water radiator. What are my choices? New radiator or can this thing be soldered? How hard is it to remove a radiator?

motorcycle radiator leak 002.jpg

motorcycle radiator leak 003.jpg

Rad is easy to remove after you take the fairings off. Its 4 bolts, two hoses and a electrical connector. I'm not too sure if they can solder that. Radiators should be cheap?

A Rad shop should be able to fix that.
I have had other ones silver soldered to fix leaks.
It is not too bad to get out.
They are close to $550 new.

Sometimes they have them on ebay.
Hey Good Luck!

Not a big deal to take out the radiator and have a shop repair it...only other option is to buy a new one and they are $$$

Thanks guys. That makes me feel much better. I'll do a little searching and remove the radiator myself.

I have a hard time getting $35 for non-customer or non-parts purchased tech support imagine the road trip bill to change a radiator out with a core.....I do have a radiator for a 08.. him a pm earlier...

Last edited:
It's a Gen2 and he's in Seattle...ya got any radiators laying around ???

Nothing around here lays around,all standing tall ready to come to the rescue of any style or brand of motorcyclist on the planet... :rofl:

sorry today I just wanna act like a jack :moon: :rofl:

Doors Open

Sorry I knew you or Bogus would jump at chance to step in there,smell your boot your in deep *&^% now :rofl:

Bump For Wingding...

you can pour some black pepper into your rad until you can get it fixed properly or replaced.....black pepper works!!

Back