HD owners

My last bike was a Softail Standard I modded and it was a cool putt. But when I see these lardasses with the ape hangers farting down Jackson Highway on Sunday afternoon trying to look like they are doing something dangerous in a big macho way, well...

That's why I ride alone and on my Busa. I'll gt a geezerglide when I'm old. Right now I'm turning 64 next week, so that's a ways off...

My 08 :whistle:

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

Love the SG!!! I've often lusted after a Road King...same bike? Idunno...
But, please somebody 'splain to me: what's the difference between a SG and a Road King?
I admit I haven't studied HDs much, but it is VERY hard for me to distinguish their seemingly endless variety of models, when basically, the only discernable difference in many is the fairing and/or luggage. I admit I'm dumb.

CW

Fundamentally the same bike. The major difference is the fairing and cockpit vs. a headlight nacelle on the road king. Also, in the '07 and '08 models (and I believe the new '09 models) the Road King uses standard damper rods where as the other touring models use damper valves similar to the Race Techs.

BHG, nice bike but I have one bike in particular I'm trying to get. If that falls through I will let you know. :thumbsup:

funny thing about bashing harleys....

No one really bashed harleys in this thread.. yet people are waving torches acting like they are under attack or expecting to be....:rofl:

Carry on...

Feeling singled out ?? ??? You shouldn't... Fact is you weren't the first to jack this thread which is SUPPOSED to be about pic's of streetglides, not negative opinions about about Harley's compared to other bikes, etc.. The fact that you did not post a single pic of your street glide like the thread starter asked, and posted absolutely nothing that adds value to this thread or is even on topic should say enough... :banghead::rulez:

Useless/Off-topic response #1 VVVVV
So much money for so little return.

See, yours was the #2 useless off-topic response....VVVVV :beerchug:
compared to a goldwing or even the new polaris bagger, I dont see the point... not harley bashing..just to each his own i guess.. I will NEVER get it though..

Useless/off-topic response #3 VVVVV
Just asking, because based on overall looks and what I've read about performance I'd choose a Victory over most Harleys any day.

Don't have a SG but I do own a 06 Heritage and an 08 Ultra, so I get it! Love riding em...
Want to see pictures when/if you get yours!

She got her foot caught up in the saddlebags and fell of the bike trying to get off.

OH and before you say it, She has been riding Harley's for 20 years and never got hurt.
My point was not that the bike was dangerous for a passenger, but the fact that she would never go near it again so it would just sit there and take up space which = a waste of money for NO return.
This is all about money VS return. Not which bike is faster or which bike has more this or which one has more that. It is all Money VS Return and everyones return is different.
So you Like the Victory, Someone else Loves V-Strom and thinks that has more Return for the money.

You know what I like Golden retrievers and think they are the best dog there is.

I hope this makes sense to you

Thanks for the clarification.

Feeling singled out ?? ??? You shouldn't... Fact is you weren't the first to jack this thread which is SUPPOSED to be about pic's of streetglides, not negative opinions about about Harley's compared to other bikes, etc.. The fact that you did not post a single pic of your street glide like the thread starter asked, and posted absolutely nothing that adds value to this thread or is even on topic should say enough... :banghead::rulez:

Useless/Off-topic response #1 VVVVV
So much money for so little return.

See, yours was the #2 useless off-topic response....VVVVV :beerchug:
compared to a goldwing or even the new polaris bagger, I dont see the point... not harley bashing..just to each his own i guess.. I will NEVER get it though..

Useless/off-topic response #3 VVVVV
Just asking, because based on overall looks and what I've read about performance I'd choose a Victory over most Harleys any day.

EVERY thread on here goes off topic. that wasnt the issue. Nice try, though and I commend you for taking the time to go back and quote every person's off topic post and even adding RED color!:laugh: now thats cute!

The issue was harley bashing. Sigh...go back and read.. go on.. ill wait.. break out your highlighter and highlight what I said..

Oh and you forgot one thing. I did add value to this thread. Someone asked the difference between models (off topic as well huh?) and I posted a link to a Harley forum discussing that topic.

Give it a rest already.:thumbsup:

The Street Glide was going to be my next major purchase. However, I am really debating over the 2010 Road Glide. They basically took the SG & put the RG fairing on it, so now it has the lower profile rear-end and they got rid of the queer plastic shield over the front headlights.

Now the BIG question is whether or not to keep my Busa ??

2010 Road Glide.jpg

EVERY thread on here goes off topic. that wasnt the issue. Nice try, though and I commend you for taking the time to go back and quote every person's off topic post and even adding RED color!:laugh: now thats cute!

The issue was harley bashing. Sigh...go back and read.. go on.. ill wait.. break out your highlighter and highlight what I said..

Oh and you forgot one thing. I did add value to this thread. Someone asked the difference between models (off topic as well huh?) and I posted a link to a Harley forum discussing that topic.

:beerchug: You are absolutely right (in your mind), about the alleged bashing in this thread, so no need in continuing to :deadhorse: , as I see it differently and continuing the debate will not get either of us anywhere... :thumbsup:

I won't even comment on the off topic thing, because you already justified doing that by saying all the threads go off topic, so you are once again absolutely right there as well !!!... Congrats on your Internet victories, you are a master of the keyboard !!! :bowdown::beerchug:

Now, for me to get back "On Topic", and stop the threadjack...

GMBusa,

Good luck on your SG purchase.. There are some beautiful bikes posted here, and the pearl white one for sale is sweeet !!! :bowdown:
I can tell you that the Glide is an extremely comfortable bike, and with the new frame and brakes, it handles very well.. :thumbsup::beerchug:

This thread WAS NOT started to bash Harley's. I started it to talk about Super Glides and for people to post pics of theirs.

If you want to bash or "Just don't get it" then move on to another thread. :punch:

Back