Pics of my new front fender

mike1180

Banned
Well I cracked the front fender for the second time.
I won’t say how, but someone will guess. :whistle:
So I did what I intended all along, got out the Dremel and cut back the OEM to look thus:
I wanted to show off my rims a little more, and still have total functionality.
I added 2 small strips of fiberglass (I used nylon strap and fiberglass resin) in the area that I thought may crack under stress, and tested it today in 170 mph wind. :whistle:
All tight and strong, no cracks.

Fender1.jpg

Fender2.jpg

Fender3.JPG

Fender4.JPG

Looks good, but it appears like it might catch a lot of wind from the front.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah I will have to make some more, if only for the front fender.
They are 3M reflective and have saved my bacon more than once.

Fender5.JPG

Good looking fix, where did you go to "Wind tunnel test" the bike:laugh:
She is a beautiful bike.:thumbsup:
Bubba

Nice work on the fender :)

What rack is that you have on the back? And did you have to do any mods to make it fit with the hump?

looks good...any concern about debris/rocks gettin in around the brakes? sure would hate to see something get in there and do some damage.

looks good...any concern about debris/rocks gettin in around the brakes? sure would hate to see something get in there and do some damage.

I thought of that but some guys put a GSXR fender on and it has the same type of opening, and the GSXR's are fine like that so....
It is more exposed, but my disks also run cooler.

Great job on the fender, back when my bike was still black and burgany, I would have paid ya to do mine:laugh: BTW-the whole bike looks great, and the 2nd pic of the Suzuki stickers really shed a different light on them:thumbsup:

don't you just love dremmels? Nice work and stop working the wind tunnel so hard. The track wind tunnel is alot more challenging and will make you an even better rider than you are now...unless you "blow it" somehow before you get there:whistle: beautiful bike..I like the subtle colors better anywho...2hip

Back