please help me with my undertail

daddie2k3

Registered
hello i am a new member here because i just bought an 03 last thursday and i love the thing i just got one problem and its my tail lights....which dont work. i was wondering if somebody could please help me on ways to fix them and last resort being buying a new undertail because i like the one i have...so here are some pics
pic001-1.jpg

pic002-1.jpg

i dont know much about these but learning fast but somebody told me it was a hotbodies but i talked to them and they said all of theres have blinkers made in with tails so please help me on that also...thanks in advance

P.S. the blinkers work fine(other than the fast blink but im used to that from other led blinkers)

Last edited:
start with making sure the lights are getting power, alot of times a wire gets pinched or cut and shorts a fuse. if not led's check the bulbs. there are a very limited amount of things that it can be. good luck!

sorry for leaving out that i have 2 sockets for 1157 bulbs which i place some 1157s in there and they work as running and brake lights BUT my problem is getting an 1157 thru the holes in that second pic lol

That looks to be an old allied barter/topgun undertail that someone did some work to

Lockhart phillips offers some lights for it that are somewhat close.

as for wiring.....get a test light and learn to use it...easiest way.

and if you end up going with any sort of led for turn signals, remember you must use some sort of resistor or load leveler or they will blink fast

looks like your missing the lights and light sockets to me...autozone has them...then you can use a voltage testor to find the left/right blinker, tail and brake light circuits...they all use the same ground

thanks for comment but as for missing sockets i have them but not in the pic and it holes bulbs with the base size of 1157 and they work i have tested with bulbs and work fine but if you look at the second pic you would notice that a 1157 will not fit thru that hole so i didnt know where i could get a bulb that size or what to do

Are you sure those missing bulbs aren't supposed to be LEDs? The lenses are the same as the Hot Bodies undertails use. They won't do well with the heat of a 1157 or 1156 bulb. It looks more like someone ripped out the LEDs and tried to fit another bulb into it.

^^^ i agree it does look like that somebody ripped the back of the led out but i was wondering what different ways to fix

good luck with that... redkat knows some about leds. and :welcome:

ME! Worse comes to worse u can send me your undertail and I can build you a setup to suit your tail
Posted via Mobile Device

nice to meet u redkat and like the southpark guy with the busa hat but can that be a last resort to send you my undertail because im thinking that would be alot of trouble

alot of trouble for you or for me?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Redkat is a first-class guy! He solved a problem for me a while back...I'll vouch for the quality of his work anytime.

CW

Redkat is a first-class guy! He solved a problem for me a while back...I'll vouch for the quality of his work anytime.

CW

DUDE! I couldn't remember your member i.d., I been meanin to ask ya how they're holdin up
Posted via Mobile Device

they llok to be bout the size of the Hotbodies undertail. If so those will be a super easy job. I already have perfboard cutout in that size from a few other jobs I did
Posted via Mobile Device

Back