Highside sucks

MPH 200

Donating Member
Registered
In the first session at Texas World Speedway I had some fuel delivery issues on my 600RR. At full throttle it would lurch & bog in 4 & 5th. I put some Seafoam in to try to eleviate the issue.

It was the 2nd session & I was just at the end of Turn 4, through the turn & straightening up. All of a sudden rear slides left, I guess grabs, then hard flip left. Guy behind me saw the whole thing. Rear broke loose, then grabbed, flipped me & the bike up in the air & over on the left side HARD. Slammed my head hard twice. I slid so far I had time to tell myself to pick up my hands. I was looking left & right for anyone getting ready to run me over all the while sliding away. Bike & I stopped in the middle of the track. I jumped up & hauled a$$ off the track, waving at everyone to slow down. Bike still in the middle of the track. Its possible it bogged & lurched just as I came out of the corner.

Left clip-on bent all the way down into the fairing, left rear set mangled - peg & shifter.
Right peg & clip-on ground down
Rear sub frame sideways
Left side body work including tank cover, tail, nose ... Rashy & Broken
Both frame sliders ground down
Installed extra set of tires & wheels, new left clip-on, new shifter & peg - hey all good.

Everything good until the test ride - Front wheel points left - poss forks, upper triple, or lower triple.

Another special thanks to SYED LEATHERS / KOMODO GLOVES / SIDI BOOTS / SHOEI HELMET

A few pics of the before & during track repairs.

Michael_getting_ready.jpg

DSCN0613.jpg

DSCN0614.jpg

DSCN0615.jpg

Tail_Damage.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

Michael_&_Reese_making_repairs.jpg

WOW, glad you are up and talking about it.:thumbsup:
Good luck Bro, hope you feel okay.
Bubba

The gear after sliding for about 70+ feet at 110-120 mph. :beerchug:

Syed leathers have 2 layers of leather - never went through 2nd layer
Sidi Boots - great job.
Komodo gloves - palm slider saved me.
Shoie Helmet took 2 hard hits
I wear an Alpinestars Bianic full armor jacket w/ back protector under my leathers

DSCN0598.jpg

DSCN0603.jpg

DSCN0601.jpg

DSCN0602.jpg

DSCN0605.jpg

DSCN0606.jpg

DSCN0608.jpg

DSCN0609.jpg

DSCN0610.jpg

I once read here that if you love your bike set it free... If it comes back, you probably highsided. Congrats on finding true love!
Looks like your Leather took a beating as well. Amazing you were able to run away from that crash.
Any chance theres video?

Are you sure it wasn't gravel in the corner? :laugh:

A little greedy on the throttle were you?

Highsides are a biotch, no doubt. You are lucky not to have a broken colar bone.

Glad to see you survived unscathed. Good gear played a roll no doubt.

Patch your scooter up, dust yourself off and attend the next track day, beat up leathers and all! :beerchug:

Dang it Michael, I really hate to see this, but I am glad you are Ok and posting up. How is Lisa?

Sorry to hear, glad you are okay, and it wasnt worse.

glad you are ok. for our educational purpose, may I ask a couple of questions?
what kind of tire? how warm was it?

Back