Stratoliner top speed

lazy boy

Registered
Anyone happen to know aprox. top speed for this bike. A local guy has one and seems to think it will do 160 mph. I have searched a few reviews and only saw one mention of top end of 120. The speedo shows 140. anyone familiar with this bike. The bike looks and sounds great but 160? I have invited him to ride a few times but hes always too busy.:whistle:

my brother in law has one.
It is a 2006. the bike is quick for a cruiser, with a tail wind, going down hill and in full tuck, he can get it up to about 120 for a few seconds before giving in to the wind.

my brother in law has one.
It is a 2006. the bike is quick for a cruiser, with a tail wind, going down hill and in full tuck, he can get it up to about 120 for a few seconds before giving in to the wind.

That sounds right

One of those bikes that lets you know its done before the speedo does. The only way it would go 160 is if it was rear ended by a busa doing 180.

The speedo in his mind may say 160mph, but he needs to have it recalibrated, kinda like the guys you use there elbows as torque wrenches.

He's dreaming!:rulez:

:rofl:

My Raider (same engine) will do 130mph, but the speedo reads 140......there IS error built in the speedos.

P10100081.JPG

I have one. Speedo said 135 plus. I would say maybe 130 without the bags and windshield.

160 in his dreams...

Hey Lee! it's been awhile since I seen you at the other Liner forum!

Hope things are great your way!

:beerchug:

I think that the Big V-Twins have a speed limiter on them as well. After all look at the speed limiters on the V-Max.

I think that the Big V-Twins have a speed limiter on them as well. After all look at the speed limiters on the V-Max.

All of the big V-Twins do have limiters on them... It's called the big V-Twin, or "anchor" in nautical terms. :laugh:

My apologies to everyone who is a fan. :poke:

One of those bikes that lets you know its done before the speedo does. The only way it would go 160 is if it was rear ended by a busa doing 180.

My friend that is an EPIC quote!

Chalk one up in the win column for you!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks guys for the info. I was pretty sure he was blowing smoke. Other than this issue he is a really squared away guy.

Back