Gotta love the Calif back roads ... hwy 36

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Was able to take the day off on Friday and hit up one of my fave roads, Calif Hwy 36 west of I-5 From Red Bluff to Fortuna on the coast for lunch and back... This road has everything, big sweepers, tech sections, long straights, little or no traffic, no leo, good pavement most of the way and beautiful scenery. It is one of Pashnits top picks. :thumbsup:

Mounted up at Starbux at 6:30 a.m. RT was approx 400 miles.

The coast was chilly and I had to stuff a newspaper in my summer mesh jacket. Lunch was at Eel River Cafe in Fortuna ( excellent! )

Return trip was even better than goin and we were able to wick it up a bit, but did see a couple deer scramble across the road though :shocked:

Got home at 5 pm and it was about 100 degrees... hot, tired, a lil sore ... big smile. So I finished the day by takin a swim in the cold Sacramento River which is just a couple miles from my house. Aaaaaaaaaah what a day.

Highway36.gif

hwy36-sign2.jpg

May2009 Hwy36 001b.JPG

May2009 Hwy36 003b.JPG

May2009 Hwy36 008b.JPG

May2009 Hwy36 011b.JPG

May2009 Hwy36 010b.JPG

May2009 Hwy36 015b.JPG

May2009 Hwy36 020b.JPG

May2009 Hwy36 022b.JPG

Good stuff, Kent!!!

Look forward to seeing that gorgeous 'bus in Reno...:beerchug:

Nice pix! Couldn't agree more with you about our awesome back-roads!

Man that looks like a helluva fun ride. Nice scenery, and some nice bikes as well. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup: :beerchug:

D

sweet ride, pics, and bike :beerchug:

if you don't mind, what exactly is that on your plate? I am not sure I have seen such a sandwich

sweet ride, pics, and bike :beerchug:

if you don't mind, what exactly is that on your plate? I am not sure I have seen such a sandwich

The sandwich was smoked albacore melt ( fancy tuna ) on home made with local made loleta cheese. Salad was good too. :thumbsup:

I wanted a couple pints of brew but had 3 cups of coffee instead, I was then ready to attack the hwy ... ( and we did! ) :cool:

dis is da place : http://www.eelriverbrewing.com/taproom-grill.html

Last edited:
Kent, everything there looks great, the weather, the roads & the food. I must admit I'm feelin a bit jealous, I also remember hitting that road (hwy 36) right about this time last year with you and a few others. :thumbsup:

Looks like an awesome route. Could you send me one of those sandwitchs please?:laugh:

Back