Molding the hump

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
I don't have the money to buy a new one piece tail, so I was thinking of molding my hump into the tail section to make it one piece, but I am not sure how to make it sturdy. Is there a way to put zuess fasteners on it somewhere to sturdy it up?

I have to agree. Fiberglass would be the way to go,but why? Just make sure that how you mount it it will come off with the rest of the tail if needed.

WOW...not what I was expecting from the title...guess my minds in the wrong place ? :whistle:

Yes he races......

fiberglass and resin should work. Usually a 2 part kit. Mix that up with chopped fiberglass, and that should be a good starting point. After that.....lots-0-sanding!

PM me if you need help

DD

busa3.jpg

busa.jpg

busa.jpg

busa4.jpg

busa.jpg

If you go the fiberglass route, don't pay attention to the mix ratios on the can. They're WAY off. If you mix it to the ratio on the can you'll have about 30 seconds to a minute to work with it before it hardens. The ambient temp. has a large effect on the cure time too. The hotter it is outside the faster it's going to cure. I was doing some fiberglassing last summer and had about 3 min. to work with it before it was starting to cure. I did some more back in Jan. and had about 30 minutes to an hour to work with it. Actually used heat lamps to cure it faster.

Back