Trackday on Pocketbikes, YSR50s

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
met up with fstbusa at this Marshalltown kart track today for an all cycle trackday! BEAUTIFUL weather. I brought my 2 Pocketbikes and fstbusa brought his. some other pocket bikes showed up also, as well as ac ouple YSR50's and a bunch of motocross riders with track tires mounted up.

track.jpg

I got there early and setup camp. I brought two pocket bikes, red and white, 4.2 HP, for some fun, fair racing

trackday.JPG

hmmmm... where oh where could I mount the GPS for speed testing?? handle bars too small.... oh well, it's gotta go someplace. My stock Polini's pulled a 38.7 max GPS'd speed. Which is fine and pretty fast when you are only an inch off the ground. spills at 30 or 40 still hurt like a mother. I saw two tdoay: one by a guy riding one of my bikes, dragged a toe which causes a low side right in front of me.. bike flipped down, he tumbled at about 15-20ish, it wasn't pretty, but he had full gear on and was unharmed at all. he learned t keep his TOES up on the pegs. ;) Another guy scraped his peg right infront of fstbusa and just slide 5 feet on his butt. he did NOT have ful gear - tore his jeans in the knee, ripped his pinky thru the flimsy glove and scraped his ankle. fstbusa stopped immediately and tried desparately but couldn't keep a strait face! It was funny looking if not painful. neither of us wrecked today but there wer many close calls. These things are FAST!!

gps.JPG

I think I saw this one morph into a T1000 Terminator and kill someone behind the porta-potty

terminator.JPG

hittin the track! during the day all sizes bikes were running so you would turn your head and be looking into the front spokes of some motocross bike passing within 2 feet. but seeing all the pocketbikes there, they had a pocketbike only session and about 5 of us took the track at once, including a very small boy and an even SMALLER pocket bike. I don't knwo what it was be he held his own very well. it wasn't a race, just a bunch of people having fun!!

lineup.jpg

here' me [WWJD] and fstbusa racing furiously around a corner. notice the video camera cleverly duct taped to my helmet
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093145053 -->

gbtrav.jpg

the "sweeper". My bikes were a little faster than the other pocket bikes that were out there.... very appropriate for Hayabusa riders that we are ;)

3corner.jpg

fstbusa "tucking" hoping to squeeze out that extra 1 mph on the strait..... sorry man, it's not really working
smile.gif

areo.jpg

here's us clothes lining that little guy. he was a great sport and ride that thing well!! it made our pocket bikes look big

lilguy.jpg

us [yes, again] taking a good side by side in ther corners. after fstbusa got used to my bike, we were equal riders on equal bikes so ended up staying together a lot... well.... trying hard to pass each other and not succeeding! hahahaha

I know these things look like toys and seem stupid to race, but they're really not. the are dangerously fast, work just like real race bikes. You almost feel like your racing real motocyles once your on the track. you gotta know what you are doing! it's not really for kids, but many kids are starting to get them. be careful with the higher powered ones

cornering.jpg

That is just too cool man!! I'm seeing those things everywhere nowdays... My eight year old son wants one really bad...he says he wants it to be a black LE midnight falcon.
beerchug.gif

opps. forgot to psot pic of fstbusa's destructive toe draggin techniques. it's hard to NOT drag toes. here's his soon to be EX shoes!

toedraggin.JPG

man it was a freaking blast... I'm selling my slow one and getting a faster polini like wwjd's...... it was soooooooooooooo fun I can't even begin it explain it.... can't wait for more track days to get out there and rip up some asphalt... flying around some of them corners at 35+ feels insanely fast... it was like racing motogp... I HIGHLY recommend people wishing to not spend alot of money to race competitively, to give these a shot!!!!
laugh.gif

ahahah my shoes... yeah they are SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lucky they were the oldest pair I own that still fit me... woulda wore my boots but can't bend my ankles like I need to get my feet on the pegs to get some ground clearance.

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Thanks for the pics.
T1000!
tounge.gif

i just got a pocket bike for my boy.. he hasnt got it yet its in my semi with me.. lol.. i think im gonna start taking my ysr with me on the back until i get my set up to carry the busa with me. so times like that that im in an area thats having ysr races i can go and have some fun while waiting.

Back