I think I bought a Hayabusa

you need to cancel that deal now, right now get on the phone and do it!
Don't wait on the seller to start playing games.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, they finally called me. Sales rep was on lunch and didn't get the message I left. They said the bike was done this morning and is ready to go.

I'm going there in a few hours. If the bike runs anything but perfect.... I'm taking my money back. They jerked me around hard. I don't appreciate that. I might ask for gear compensation for jacking me up.

The service manager could tell that I was peeved.... On his own account, he said they have been swamped as of late with people getting tires/oil changes/new sales/used sales, etc. and are backed up beyond belief. Whatever.

I'll let the .org know of the outcome later on tonight.

Thinking of what the inside of the tank looks like makes me wonder what the inside of the motor looks like. Be cautious and inspect that thing with a fine tooth comb.

I would consider this real hard, rust is a nightmare if it's bad and if its in the tank you can bet its touched every part of the fuel system,pump-strainer-filter-lines-injectors etc. If its not treated or eliminated, it doesn't just go away. An 05 with 3400 on it,I'll bet it sat a long time for rust to happen. Don't let the lust for the toy be a disappointment, take your time. No key for the tank?,whats the customer supposed to put in the ignition to start it?, this doesn't smell good.

I asked about the rust situation in the fuel system, pump, lines, engine. "Said" that when they took the tank off, they inspected everything. They said everything was good except the tank.

I'm taking a flashlight to inspect the inside of the tank along with a few cloths to look at the color of the oil/coolant. The tires are new (as I saw that on Saturday). I'm trying to take all this in the big picture, not just for today or until next week. I'm going to take my time tonight, as they are open until 8, and I won't get there until 6.

All the plastic looks great, along with the paint on the tank. Exhausts are scratched, and the triple is scratched up pretty bad. I was going to change those out anyway, so I didn't take that into great concern. The ignition, tank, and hump all have the same key now.

Like I said a bit ago, they said it was ready to go this morning. I sure hope they started it and took it for a test ride. I'm going to take it out and run it through the gears before officially taking it home (actually, a nice ride).

Sales rep told me on Saturday (after learning about not having a tank key) that as policy, they don't do any work on trade-ins until they are going to sell it. He said it keeps costs down at that time. They incur the costs of making it road worthy when they sell it, so they can keep their books current.

Wish me luck!

Throw in a year warranty or something, theses bikes are bulletproof when right. If all is good, it should be no sweat off his back for a guarantee if he never sees you for related repairs. Customer satisfaction baby! :rulez:

Picture 515.jpg

Last edited:
I asked about the rust situation in the fuel system, pump, lines, engine. "Said" that when they took the tank off, they inspected everything. They said everything was good except the tank.

I'm taking a flashlight to inspect the inside of the tank along with a few cloths to look at the color of the oil/coolant. The tires are new (as I saw that on Saturday). I'm trying to take all this in the big picture, not just for today or until next week. I'm going to take my time tonight, as they are open until 8, and I won't get there until 6.

All the plastic looks great, along with the paint on the tank. Exhausts are scratched, and the triple is scratched up pretty bad. I was going to change those out anyway, so I didn't take that into great concern. The ignition, tank, and hump all have the same key now.

Like I said a bit ago, they said it was ready to go this morning. I sure hope they started it and took it for a test ride. I'm going to take it out and run it through the gears before officially taking it home (actually, a nice ride).

Sales rep told me on Saturday (after learning about not having a tank key) that as policy, they don't do any work on trade-ins until they are going to sell it. He said it keeps costs down at that time. They incur the costs of making it road worthy when they sell it, so they can keep their books current.

Wish me luck!

Look her bro the collective knowledge here is tell you to stay away. That is probably a good idea. You can get a much better deal on a bike that will not let you down. Take your time and get a good bike.

Look her bro the collective knowledge here is tell you to stay away. That is probably a good idea. You can get a much better deal on a bike that will not let you down. Take your time and get a good bike.
Plenty of great deals out there!
I wouldn't waste my money on a potential problem.

+1 to the walk away. I'd be wondering what else is wrong with it. There's no reason the tank should've been rusted. If it's been started with that tank on it then it's anyone's guess how much rust, and other yet to be identified "stuff", has been circulated. Could cause major problems down the road.

Good luck and do not forget to post pics. But just as a final note from the damages that you have described this bike has been involved in a good accident, so be carefull. There is yet another explination here that might warrant caution. Rust = time and 3400 miles takes a while to put on 1/4 mile at a time, which might also explain the damages. Be cautous man and good luck. If I lived closer I would love to go look at it with you

Well nothing we can do now, they have to spread their wings and learn to fly on their own....somehow...I get the feeling were gonna get posts asking for help with this bike AFTER WE SAID NO DONT BUY IT???

Then why ask us for advice, well from me, thanks for tryin to help the newb..personally my answer will be "you shouldt have bought the bike dude":poke:
Good luck homeboyeeee:whistle:

Back