How many miles/KM on your BUSA?

chev982

Registered
Hey just wondering who has most total miles on their bike, without doing an engine job? Im still breaking mine in at 750 km.....How are u doin?

yeah i heard a rumour that these engines (sport bikes in general) get tired after bout 30k any truth to this?

if they are taken care of proper services and oil changes done they will last 100k i have seen a few gsxr 1100 with that many miles on them no problems.no offence to our younger riders but they cany afford the costly tune ups so the bike gets neglected therefore an early death
at 30k the motor will have loosened up and will probably make more hp then when it was new
Rich

I just turned 76,300 on my 2000 Busa. Other than having
to redo the seals in the fuel pump every 40,000 miles I
haven't had any problems. Not even valves adjusted.

I have had my Busa for a week and I have only 76 miles on it. It really suck's do to the fact that I live in South Fl and it is rainy season (Hurricane Season too) so I really haven't had that many dry days to ride...
sad.gif

I have a buddy thats a motorcycle mechanic. He takes great care of his bikes (multiple brands) and regularly runs them (hard) close to 100,000 miles no prob before he sells them. And Rich is right....I read an article on a comparo between a low mileage CBR 900 and one with 100,000 miles on it....the high mileage bike put out more peak power...and just slightly less torque than the low mileage one. I think that most modern bikes will last a long, long time if taken care of
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

19000 miles , regular maintance, and I have only had to adjust my idle screw once for irregular maintance.

Glad to hear these things arent throw aways after 30 k!! anybody have like an insane amount of Kms on a bike? like 250 000?? ever seen them this high?

laugh.gif
tounge.gif
No, only 52k miles on the Busa. Still running strong as ever. Mostly commuting, but a few track days, and I zip around the canyons whenever I get a chance.

I had 73k miles on my '93 GSXR 750 when I sold it. No problems with that bike, except the starter was making noises.

I change the oil EVERY 3k miles. I've had new plugs installed, and that's it.

17k on my 2003 all courtesy of yours truely.

Yep I bought it to ride, not look pretty in the garage...matter-a-fact I'm getting an itch right now. I'll be glad when ole Charlie blows bye bye.

BD

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092414364 -->

after last nights ride i have hit the 1000 km milestone, time for the first service!! oh yeah cant wait to crack her open!!

I have had my Busa for a week and I have only 76 miles on it. It really suck's do to the fact that I live in South Fl and it is rainy season (Hurricane Season too) so I really haven't had that many dry days to ride...
sad.gif
I'm also in S FL. I've had my 04 LE for 25 days- 1,100 miles. Yes, if you want to ride down here in the summer you're going to get wet.

Back