So, this sucks. Check it out...

cencalmatt

Registered
Ok so my buddy and I are cruising around town after work, no biggie. We stop at a light and start to go. I accelerate, not giving it much gas at all (like I said, we were just cruising) I go to shift in to 2nd gear, only at about 4000rpm and as soon as I toe up the gear lever, we hear a loud ping, scrape, screeching sound. We pull over, take a look and didn't notice anything out of the norm. I fire it back up and put her into gear. Shifted up to 2nd no problems and so I looked at my friend like, WTF? I put it in 1st and start to go, shift to 2nd, then 3rd everything seems fine. So I go straight home and by then I saw a little oil on the inside of the fairing. I pull the fairing off and I'm so happily surprised with this
IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

a bolt backed out, chewed up the pressure plate and eventually got caught while the plate was spinning fast enough to just pop it right out the side of the case. Just crazy. Anybody seen this before?
So I've done my homework and got all the parts I need sorted out. all parts but one. And that is the outter bolts of the clutch pressure plate. 6 bolts total that hold the plate in and they keep the springs in position. One of these bolts backed out most likely due to a spring cracking and it got loose. Not sure though. Long story short, these little bolts are Suzuki backordered and I won't see a set until at least a month from now which sucks. I want to ride hahaha. All other parts (inner plate bolts, springs, pressure plate, clutch case cover, noise dampener and cover and all bolts for the case cover) are available and I can have them next week.
Now, 1st question, does anybody here have extra pressure plate bolts by ANY chance? I know it's a long shot but I'm determined and I figured maybe some of you have replaced your clutches leaving you with extras??
And 2nd question, what's the deal with these clear aftermarket clutch covers? Do they leak? because I've heard they do leak and next I hear they don't and are built solid. How do you guys feel? Honestly, I would love a clear blue LED one but not if they leak. And can you manually turn the light on/off or is it on all the time the bikes running?
I think I have another question or two but can't remember right now lol.
Thanks for any help guys...

ooh nice find man thanks.
Yea I plan on prodding around with a magnetic stick for a while. I've got most of it out but I know there are still shards of metal in there...

ooh nice find man thanks.
Yea I plan on prodding around with a magnetic stick for a while. I've got most of it out but I know there are still shards of metal in there...

No problem! Glad to help!

You should be able to get all the way to the bottom of the oil pan, with a flexible magnet!

if you still can't find what you are looking for, you might try contacting GoldenChild at Cloud9 Motorsports or GMbusa, they might have the parts for sale

if you still don't find them, try Josh@BallZmotorsports.com , he parts out complete Busa's and might be able to help

best of luck to you getting her back together :beerchug:

Last edited:
The magnet will get your bolt flakes (steel bits), but the inside of the cover is aluminum....you might think of pulling the drain pan and cleaning everything else off.......you will have shavings in a lot of little places....."REMOVE THEM !!! :super:

I did a cleanup for a friend that exploded his clutch basket, and there were shavings EVERYWHERE....he was a dork and rode it home from Primm at freeway speeds "after" losing the chunk of the basket, and tearing the inside of his clutch cover to shreds.....can anyone say "trailer ????".......

Last edited:
Some Saran wrap might give you that clear clutch cover mod you are looking at! :laugh:

its still saveable*, perfect time to go for the clear clutch cover.
and u cut that put of the fairing out, u'll have a good view of it from now on

BOAZ.jpg

Last edited:
Back