swingarm extensions, and lowering front

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
i'm thinking about extending the rear using swingarm extensions. who makes a good quality extension? nothing thin and flimsy, and no logos.

will using a 2-7 inch extension lower or raise the rear?

also, i want to lower the front an inch with the spacers, but keep the stock seating position/angle.

thanks

If you aren't using a real high horsepower motor extensions are fine. NYC Parts on ebay has some decent ones for a decent price. Extending the arm will make the bike a little higher though, but you can use lowering links to bring it back down to compensate.
Lowering the front will not really effect the seating position as long as you stay proportionate to the rear.
JUST BE CAREFULL OF SPEED BUMPS.

uhhh....all u had ta do was holla, fam???

The extensions will do you good-I know your motor wont snap'em and since I kno u b on that Adkins sheeit, Im pretty sure you aint gotta sweat about speed bumps goin down just 1" up front-I wouldnt reccommend spacers tho-go with a real aftermarket tripleclamp that allows for full adjustment of the front fork height-also makes'em easier to remove (at least my Vortex triple is easier than OEM to get off bike...I've heard others are as well)

I been ridn w/my front only lowerd .75 (3/4)inch thru the forks, and the rear has been dropped 2", and is about to go down to 3"....I'll probly havta step outta the seat to clear speed bumps at da mall n what-not, but I gotta say man, the interstate ride is sooooo much smoother stretched-esp. when its choppy winds or you ah...pick your speed up a bit:whistle:

if you stretch, I'd start w/mebbe a 6" stretch, lowered only 2" in the rear, and the front no lower than 1" down-ride that way n set your suspension, and I dont think you'll ever go back to the 'stubby' look:thumbsup:

dont forget:you need new color-matchd chain too pimpin!:poke:

I'm lowered 1.25" in front and 2.5" in the back, and stretched 6"+/-. Technically, extending will raise the rear, but the extra leverage created will actually soften the suspension. So you'll have to lower the rear, and tighten up the spring, or get a different spring. I'm 185-195 (no gear) and find that the stock spring suits me fine. It's a little soft, but it does ok for my riding style.

If you plan to carry a passenger, you will need to either get a stiffer rear spring, or get Soupy's threaded adjustable rear lowering links (or similar) so that you can adjust the height easily when 'she' want's to go for a ride.

Don't forget you'll need an extended chain guard too. So the list is:

Rear:
Lowering Links
Extensions
Chain
Chain guard

Front:
Spacers or
Replacement cover tree or
Replacement full top tree

Exotic Cycle is a sponsor here I believe. I have their stuff and am very happy with them. Gix1300r or something like that makes his own extensions too, and his tuff is great too. I'm sure he'll chime in soon, he is good for finding the extension threads. :thumbsup:

beforeandafter.jpg

shi' D' the color matching chain! fo-got 'bout that one TY.

thanks for the specs fellas.

yeah brendan, i saw a post with pics comparing his to others. his look beefier, thanks man.

shi' D' the color matching chain! fo-got 'bout that one TY.

thanks for the specs fellas.

yeah brendan, i saw a post with pics comparing his to others. his look beefier, thanks man.

Honestly, if I were to use extensions, his are what I would go with. But there are others that are good quality too.

Honestly, if I were to use extensions, his are what I would go with. But there are others that are good quality too.

I would only go with his or Exotics.

I don't know about the others, but I know these are race tested and proven on bikes with much more hp than mine. :beerchug:

i got lazy and too tired of researching everything so i just went with r.toyz and everything worked out just fine . Really easy install . Lowered both ends 2" and did alot of other mods at the same time . Buy you a good chain tool kit and the only other thing was trimming my key up to fit down the little bitty hole . All the parts fit very well , no complaints , besides the logos . I like black myself . Good luck with the mods and watch the bumps .
i'm thinking about extending the rear using swingarm extensions. Who makes a good quality extension? Nothing thin and flimsy, and no logos.

Will using a 2-7 inch extension lower or raise the rear?

Also, i want to lower the front an inch with the spacers, but keep the stock seating position/angle.

Thanks

Back