Had the best time...

VetteNBusa

Registered
So I got my GF to ride with me yesterday... man! What a great time! I had been wanting to take her out on the bike, but wanted to make sure she was geared up right. Guess what? The "extra" gear I had fit her perfectly! Voilà! Just wanted to get her comfortable on it first... I think next weekend might be a canyon... nothing too crazy. There's one here with big, sweeping turns so it won't be crazy. Anyway. I just wanted to share some pix with you all...

Young%20Bond%20002.jpg

Young%20Bond%20001.jpg

my wife was scared to death at first, now i cant keep her off of it. we both enjoy the time together. congrats on getting her on.

So I got my GF to ride with me yesterday... man! What a great time! I had been wanting to take her out on the bike, but wanted to make sure she was geared up right. Guess what? The "extra" gear I had fit her perfectly! Voilà! Just wanted to get her comfortable on it first... I think next weekend might be a canyon... nothing too crazy. There's one here with big, sweeping turns so it won't be crazy. Anyway. I just wanted to share some pix with you all...

Young%20Bond%20002.jpg

Young%20Bond%20001.jpg

Awesome, Dave. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats! Take the time to learn to ride with a passenger. You passenger is your most important responsibility on a bike or in a car. You hold their life in your hands.

It will take you just as long to become used to it as she may to learn to flow with it. Braking will also require more planning. You will need to support both yours and her weight while stopping. Don't be surprised if you end up signing soprano if you have to do a panic stop. Also take it easy during acceleration.

Last edited by a moderator:
my wife was scared to death at first, now i cant keep her off of it. we both enjoy the time together. congrats on getting her on.

Same here, I'll be just relaxing watching some TV and she'll look over with those puppy dog eyes and I know she wants to go for a cruise especially if it's a nice night. LOL, it's almost comical, because I keep the solo cowl on all the time and I just say...alright, get your seat. :laugh: She wants to get her license now, just the matter of teaching her how it all works. Looks like I've got a challenge ahead of me. :whistle:

Congrats! Take the time to learn to ride with a passenger. You passenger is your most important responsibility on a bike or in a car. You hold their life in your hands.

It will take you just as long to become used to it as she may to learn to flow with it. Braking will also require more planning. You will need to support both yours and her weight while stopping. Don't be surprised if you end up signing soprano if you have to do a panic stop. Also take it easy during acceleration.
Lots of good advice here. If i can add one more thing, teach her to reach past you and place her hands on the tank when stopping. Your boys will thank you.

A couple of weeks ago I got my GF on the back of my bike too. We got up one Sunday morning about 9:00 the temp was supposed to be in the 60s. I ask if she wanted to go to Cracker Barrel Restaurant off of I95 on the bike (she would ride a wild bull to get some pecan pancakes). She agreed and we were off. I took the country rode route. While we were eating all she talked about was how awesome the ride was and when I was going to get her a new helmet with flowers or shoes on it. On the way back I decided to jump on I95 for 1 exit (1/2 mile) just to give her a taste of some speed and traffic. Well the next exit wasn’t for another 7 miles. We got up to 80mph. When we pulled up in front of the house I thought she would never want to ride again. Total opposite, she was like where are we going tomorrow. I fell in love all over again. I have ordered a leather jacket for her and a Scala Q2 dual head sets. Does anybody know where I can find a helmet with different high heel shoes painted all over it?:whistle:

Young%20Bond%20002.jpg

Young%20Bond%20001.jpg

And, you have the fastest color for her to hang on to!:bowdown: Glad y'all had fun!

007.jpg

Lots of good advice here. If i can add one more thing, teach her to reach past you and place her hands on the tank when stopping. Your boys will thank you.

Thats no lie! :laugh: Anyone that rides with you needs to know how to brace themselves.

The Q2's are also a good investment. HRH and I have the Scala Team sets and it helps that she can talk and let me know if she needs to stop or is uncomfortable.

Thanks everyone!

That's some funny chet! I totally did a couple of times :whistle: It wasn't too bad, my boys just parted and the right one tried to climb up around my waist! Or is that TMI!? :laugh:

She had a blast, but I totally agree with being careful. I was grateful because she trusted me. At first she was hanging on --- by the end of the day, she would loosen up and I could feel how relaxed she was. I hadn't ridden with anyone on the back since right after HS, and she hasn't been on the back since HS as well... this was just a great sharing experience.

Thanks for all the encouragement everybody :beerchug:

Dave

PS --- djsin --- Bikini pix to follow... :whistle:

....I just get waxed first... :rofl:

Last edited:
Same here, I'll be just relaxing watching some TV and she'll look over with those puppy dog eyes and I know she wants to go for a cruise especially if it's a nice night. LOL, it's almost comical, because I keep the solo cowl on all the time and I just say...alright, get your seat. :laugh: She wants to get her license now, just the matter of teaching her how it all works. Looks like I've got a challenge ahead of me. :whistle:

Get her signed up for MSF course. All you have to do is encourage her. :thumbsup:

My wife's first REAL ride (350+ mi) on the busa and 4th time on a motorcyle of any kind. She loved it and we are currently buying her full gear. She bought me some new leathers for Christmas so there are some benefits to having a wife who loves to ride. We are the camera bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife's first REAL ride (350+ mi) on the busa and 4th time on a motorcyle of any kind. She loved it and we are currently buying her full gear. She bought me some new leathers for Christmas so there are some benefits to having a wife who loves to ride. We are the camera bike.

That's awesome! :beerchug: :bowdown:

Great video!

Back