Anyone live in Oklahoma City ??

street racer

Donating Member
Registered
I know, a lot of people live there...ha ! I need someone to check out a 2007 RED Hayabusa for me. Its located at:

House Of Kawasaki
7900 nw 10th OKC, OK 73127
(405) 787-7901

They want my ZX14 and I want their Hayabusa. Especially need to know condition of plastic, mods, etc. Look at it as if you were going to buy it. Thanks in advance !

Here is a link to the bike. Click on Preowned and scroll down.

http://www.houseofkawasaki.com/

Last edited:
Your going to trust an OKC resident with such a task, Its the Burgandy 07, its the fastest and most beautifull bike there is.

There going to buy it for themselves :laugh: :laugh:

I know, a lot of people live there...ha ! I need someone to check out a 2007 RED Hayabusa for me. Its located at:

House Of Kawasaki
7900 nw 10th OKC, OK 73127
(405) 787-7901

They want my ZX14 and I want their Hayabusa. Especially need to know condition of plastic, mods, etc. Look at it as if you were going to buy it. Thanks in advance !

When do you need it done by? I have bought 3 bikes there before.....

Glad we have somebody converting from a ZX-14 to a Busa...about time the ZX-14 owners started realizing what an incredible machine the BUSA is! :laugh:

I used to live in Bethany Ok right around the corner from hok.
I also have bought bikes there, Good peeps to deal with in my
Opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

Glad we have somebody converting from a ZX-14 to a Busa...about time the ZX-14 owners started realizing what an incredible machine the BUSA is! :laugh:

Actually I owned a 2006 Hayabusa which I traded for a 2006 GSXR1000. Last year went looking for another Busa and was tempted to the dark side by a great price on a used ZX14. It isnt a bad bike but I prefer the Busa and I really like the solid red 2007. (even without spikes)

Enginewise the ZX14 is fantastic. It is scary fast and can hold its own with any Gen1 Busa comparably modded. There are a few things I dont like about it such as the low oil pan, open loop fuel injection, poor airflow to radiator and 5,000 pieces of plastic to remove anytime I want to work on it.

If I had a Busa with a ZX14 engine I would keep it. In other words (blah, blah, blah) I like the engine in the ZX14 but not the rest of the bike. Whereas I like everything about the Busa. Whew...too long a post.

This was my 2006. Should have painted it red and kept it.
busa.jpg

Last edited:
Actually I owned a 2006 Hayabusa which I traded for a 2006 GSXR1000. Last year went looking for another Busa and was tempted to the dark side by a great price on a used ZX14. It isnt a bad bike but I prefer the Busa and I really like the solid red 2007. (even without spikes)

Enginewise the ZX14 is fantastic. It is scary fast and can hold its own with any Gen1 Busa comparably modded. There are a few things I dont like about it such as the low oil pan, open loop fuel injection, poor airflow to radiator and 5,000 pieces of plastic to remove anytime I want to work on it.

If I had a Busa with a ZX14 engine I would keep it. In other words (blah, blah, blah) I like the engine in the ZX14 but not the rest of the bike. Whereas I like everything about the Busa. Whew...too long a post.

This was my 2006. Should have painted it red and kept it.
busa.jpg

I should be able to run by there tomorrow at lunch.. I will snap some pics and post them up...

CAp

yea house of kaw is a pretty cool place. they have always been helpful and kind. i can go saturday and snap some pics

Looks beautiful. In fact, it looks just like my bike!! As Demmym says...fastest color... and scientifically proven. :thumbsup:

How many miles on her?

Cap, call me I will meet you there and we can both check it over for him..:thumbsup:

Ok so Busa159 and I ran over there at lunch today and checked it out. We both looked it over good before we announced our decisions.. I will let Busa159 tell you what he thinks but I would not buy this bike.... Here are the reasons...

1. Chain is BAD! This indicates improper maintenance
2. The inside of the radiator is all banged up from where the 4-1 exhaust was installed.
3. The right side of the lower fairing is burned from the exhaust.

Also there is no hump but they do have the grab rail

There are a few little scratches here and there but for a bike with 5800 miles it looked beat up IMO. Here are some pics...

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

Last edited:
Captain and Busa159: Its 440 miles round trip to OKC from here and thanks a million for saving me that needless drive. I really appreciate the pictures and the time you both took looking it over. It sure looks like a beater to me also. Hard to believe someone could treat that bike so bad in such a short time. Also hard to believe the dealer wouldnt at least replace that chain before putting it in the showroom. Anyway, thanks a whole bunch and if I can ever reciprocate please let me know.
:beerchug:

Back