Riding the Dragon this week!

OH MAN---I'd love to be riding the Dragon--what fond memories! I'm going back in July.

You just insist on makin me hate you dont you John...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:moon::moon::moon:

i wanna go. Looks like I may be making it down there this summer with a friend of mine's toyota club. I think his dad is gonna go too, and bring his prius.

I have a LOT of respect for a guy in his mid 50s who drives a prius that sports a "129" sticker on the back of it....

I'm taking the bike in for the 500 mile service tomorrow morning, so it depends on how long they take. I can't really make any promises right now.

Heck yell, I think the majority here would. Be safe and have a blast, oh and don't forget a few pics anyway. :thumbsup:

Well, it was such a nice day today, I took a nap, ate some lunch, and headed to Deals Gap by way of Hellbender. Hellbender was GREAT! Very little debris on the road and no traffic. Stopped at the CROT and said hi to a couple of unfriendly Harley dudes who I would catch sneaking peaks at my bike but then turn away. They were on their way back to NY from Daytona. After gulping down a Mt. Dew (CROT opened on the 27th) I hit the Dragon.

100_6791.jpg

100_6792.jpg

About 2/3rds through, I start seeing road construction signs and it is probably good because right after the 1st sign I hit a patch of salt and had an OH SH!D! moment. So I am meandering along and come to a TDOT guy holding a stop sign. He starts talking to me so I shut off the bike. It seems that alot of people have been getting badly hurt and dieing on the Dragon lately. I said, oh really? He says yup! The state has decided to have berms built on some of the corners to prevent bikers from flying off the edge of the road. I pondered this for a second asked, do you not think that this will turn into a motocross jump? Instead of landing in the trees...us bikers will land on top of them. He smiled and said that he thought of that too but they was just doin what they was told. Under my breath I exclaimed...you should be cleaning up your mess and sweeping the salt off the road dumbazz!

100_6793.jpg

100_6794.jpg

100_6795.jpg

100_6796.jpg

So, I meander my way through the dirt and debris all over the road and head to the Lookout where my Busa posed for a few scenic shots as seen above. On the way back, I snapped some shots of the ski jump and some nice twisties. Enjoy:beerchug:

100_6797.jpg

100_6798.jpg

100_6799.jpg

100_6800.jpg

100_6801.jpg

100_6802.jpg

100_6803.jpg

100_6804.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, John. I love the dragon this time of year when there are no leaves on the trees and you can see through the corners. Sorry to hear about the construction mess.

Thanks for the pictures, John. I love the dragon this time of year when there are no leaves on the trees and you can see through the corners. Sorry to hear about the construction mess.

Back