Cali Chowder Run

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
Logged nearly 400 miles today with the JaBoB's (Just a Bunch of Bikes).

Destination, the Cali coast in search of the best chowder in the State. It was found at Spud Point Crab Co. in Bodega Bay and proclaimed the best on both coasts by a native of Maine.

Left Lodi at 8:30 after a quick buffet breakfast. Smoked the backroad twisties thru Rio Vista and on to Fairfield where we found a fourth rider aboard his KTM Adventurer.

The foursome wound it's way around Lake Berryessa, Pope Valley and in to Calistoga a stretch of nothing but twistes unhampered by, but a few cages.
The fun continued on in to Healdsburg via several Goat Trails and then we made a westward turn in search of the coastline.

Hwy One was found just above Jenner where we had to stop for a photo op. The Sea Lions, as well as us were content basking in the warm sunny afternoon.

Not one straight piece of asphalt can be found between Jenner and our Chowder House in Bodega. As if the day wasn't perfect enough, all the cagers seemed to insist that we get what we lusted for and hit the turnouts flagging us by.

The Spud Point Chowder was all that it was claimed to be and more. Well worth the effort expended to seek it out, as was the quarter pounder it helped wash down. Quarter pound of fresh crab that is, what a delicious lunch.

Just another fantastic day on two wheels. The only set back was an MV Augusta that leaked coolant for about 250 miles. Guess it's true what I've heard about those Italian rides, sexy but unreliable. It's an 07 and has had the radiator replaced once in warranty. This one seems to be leaking from the same location. Potential replacement in excess of $900 American as the warranty is expired.

OK, OK here's the Pics................................................................

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

NICE! Reminds me of a promise to myself this year.................ride the coast hwy!! :thumbsup:

Looks like a very nice ride. And a bunch of fast old farts!:laugh: You guys look like a bunch I would like to ride with sometime! Nice pics!
Steve

Looks like it was a good time. Thanks for the pics. :thumbsup:

Looks like a very nice ride. And a bunch of fast old farts!:laugh: You guys look like a bunch I would like to ride with sometime! Nice pics!
Steve

Well thanks I think. :rofl: Was the first time I met Bob on the KTM. You'd have a hard time shaking him off your tail in the twisties. May be an old fart but dosen't ride like one.

Nice Russ, looks like you guys had a awsome time. Sorry I could not be there, maybe next time.

Cool Russ nice pics!:thumbsup:...you mean you guys went down to Bodega and skipped the DogHouse burger joint for soup?:poke::laugh: I see the seals are on the other side of Goat Rock, did you guys cross at Skaggs or ride the coast?:beerchug:

Great stuff! Your literary skill is fun to read Russ. It's time to come out and ride with you guys (well maybe after one more snowstorm and melt off).
Hey Rob, read the STAMPEDE conversation under that section. Doyle

Cool Russ nice pics!:thumbsup:...you mean you guys went down to Bodega and skipped the DogHouse burger joint for soup?:poke::laugh: I see the seals are on the other side of Goat Rock, did you guys cross at Skaggs or ride the coast?:beerchug:

Crab Sandwich and Soup. Hit the coast. Gotta do Skaggs soon when ya wanna go? Next week? Let's ride!

Week after that the plan is to load mama on the Connie and ride the south coast down to Avila Beach, near Pismo for about 5 days. Got a friend giving us a timeshare condo for 59 bucks for the week.

Great stuff! Your literary skill is fun to read Russ. It's time to come out and ride with you guys (well maybe after one more snowstorm and melt off).
Hey Rob, read the STAMPEDE conversation under that section. Doyle

Let's do it! Kick these Sac Townies in the tail pipes and get 'em on the road. :thumbsup:

Russ how about some sunday action up in the hills :cheerleader:...awesome on the condo, that is one *****in ride down there, once you leave Half Moon Bay theres just road and ocean, you guys are gonna have a BLAST!! :thumbsup:
...Im leaving next month for 5 days myself for Oregon to see a life long friend, we have been riding together since we were in 5th grade growing up on dirt bikes and then riding the street, he has a busa too.

Doyle, when man? When?:laugh: Doyle, you are now under my control, you are getting sleepy:sleepy: and will obey all of my comands:bowdown: when i snap my fingers you will wake up and have a need to ride on sunday at my house, you will be unable to stop yourself from going riding sunday aaaaaaaaaaaand, buy me lunch ...........SNAP!!!!!!:laugh:

Last edited:
Sounds like a Sunday ride is forming up. Masago's getting her 7500 mile service. Will be ready to stretch her wings by the weekend, the 15th?

Back