U really missed it

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Well I kinda had a last minute out the door not sure what direction ride today so I thought I would share ... found this ride on www.Pashnit.com total rt from my house was about 260 miles I left at 10 a.m. and back home about 4p.m.

Pashnit Lassen ride

I have been up here before in the truck and the pass  is closed in the winter...

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091326124 -->

Lassen_hwy44_003.jpg

I should have taken a photo at the pump but got nicked for $2.89 per gal for crappy 87 octane...

Lassen_hwy44_001.jpg

Very Alpine like up there, thought I was in the Swiss Alps...
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091325024 -->

Lassen_hwy44_007.jpg

The colors at 8K feet were so vibrant, even with the forest fire smoke in the back ground...

Lassen_hwy44_024.jpg

Cant count how many times I stopped, had a great rb sandwich at Manzanita lake and a cold one. Mostly was in touring mode today but turned it up a few times and saw about 140 mph or so. I allways think of how I can get a good shot to keep and share here with u guyz. I kinda wished I had company today but sometimes I enjoy being alone with the road and the camera and da Busa. Today was one of those dayz - Aloha

Lassen_hwy44_043.jpg

Oh yeah, forgot to mention ...it is a national park so one shouldnt be rippin around at high speed as I understand it the penalties are much bigger than your avg hwy tickets. However I only saw 1 park ranger when I stopped for lunch and didnt see any other law enforcement all day
thumbs-up.gif

Also I saw about 150 harley's and crusiers today all lined up on the side of hwy 32, I shoulda took a pic. I waved as I passed and most all of them waved back but I am pretty sure 1 guy was givin me the 1 finger salute  
wow.gif
  dirty bastid

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091328191 -->

Looks like a great ride today.
I have ridden that road afew times. About 2 years ago a friend and I rode it, and you bet they were doing road work. Nothing faster than about 10 mph, and much of the road was gravel. Not much fun that day.

Glad you had a good day. Maybe this fall we can hook-up with some of the other local riders for a good 1-2 day ride.

Ride safe

Kent I thought I told you that you weren't allowed to post any more pictures.
mad.gif
It's just not fair to the rest of us that don't have your luck finding places like these.
alien.gif
The pics are great and it looks like a very nice ride.

Back