Personalized plate

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
I notice a lot of Busa pictures on the forum, where the licence plate is not shown?

Is there a reason for this?

Why I'm asking, is because I have a personalized plate on the way, which can't be missed of forgotten.

I'm starting to wonder if that was a good idea?

I'm not the type to run if I get stopped for speeding or alike, so that is not my concern.

Any thoughts????

Paranoia

big%20brother (Small).jpg

Some are afraid that people are going to look up their information, possible go to their house and steal their bike. Me, I really don't care who sees my liscense plate, people see it all day long. If they want to steal my bike, well they are going to do it regardless. That's why I pay insurance. Oh, the bikes are registered to an address that the bikes are not garaged or even in the same state.

PS - Purple1300 has the best personalized plate Vib8tr or something like that...

No. It's just that everyone in town will remember it and everytime a bike passes them or does a wheelie across town, etc., etc. they will recall your plate. Not a problem :whistle:

I don't believe there is a law, but it has become common practice, due to liability concerns.

One reason is to avoid problems like Teens copying enemies' license plates to get revenge via speed cameras - Autoblog.
Or - more likely - lets say I plan a bankrobbery and steal a black bmw. If I have a picture of a similar bmw, I prepare a makeshift plate, put it on the stolen one, and will drive by policechecks smiling, knowing my car doesn't show up as the stolen one. Plus, since it is your license plate number, they'll call on your door after the robbery, once they analyze the pictures of the car.​
And what about All License Plates to be Photographed in Arizona ?

Further, your license plate is as good as your address, on the street it may be seen by a few mal-intended individuals, on the internet by quite a few more. Why expose it freely?

Also, tv shows, Google, etc. all have adapted this as 'standard practice'. Their lawyers must know best.
Suppose I put a picture of your vehicle on the internet and it was used to track you and cause harm. Would you come to me for recourse? If I blur yours (for my sake), why not blur mine (for my sake)?​
Besides, it is easy to do.

P.S. I think that a personalized plate is actually a good defence - nobody will want to copy such a plate -- too obvious :)

It's personal info that I choose to not spread all over the Internet :whistle:

I would love to see a group or set of thieves staking out my P.O Box ( LOL )

Someone one would definatly notice .

I believe if you got your bike customed to differentiate then you gots nothing to worry about. As plate thieves usually use them to cover their tracks, when you get the hit on your pocket or facing the blue uniform. Where I currently reside, I own the only white busa, and I always make sure I check the records for radar shots to confirm it was my bike (and hopefully me on it!).

If I wanted a custom plate, is there a site that I can go to to see if it is available immediately? I dont mean to jack this thread, sorry.

Don't know about NY, there is in FL though. Check on your state department of motor vehicles website. Or someone from NY can chime in here...

Back