She cleaned up nice!!

Ranger

Registered
Well if anyone remembers my post about the Bandit I bought, I finally got the carbs cleaned and back on, she runs great now. Just need to fix that fork seal and address the rear brakes (real mushy after bleeding). But I gave her a good detailing today, I almost want to keep it, the thing is real fun to ride. But I have to say after riding the Busa then switching to a carbureted bike, it's like stepping back in time. But once those carbs catch up to the throttle, the power is great. She did clean up nice.

Now I need input, it's a 1997 w/ 8,300mi. What do you think would be a fair price if YOU were buying it?

Heres some before and after shots...

GaugeD.jpg

GaugeC.jpg

ChainD.jpg

ChainC.jpg

BanditD.jpg

BanditC.jpg

I don't know what it's worth, but I just wanted to compliment you on a very nice job! Great looking bike!

Real nice.. Amazing what a little soap and water will do. :thumbsup:
I wish I would have found that at the price you did..

Looks like it cleaned up real nice. :thumbsup:

I thought you did post the price that was dirt cheap and many of us advise you to grab it.It seems to me the situation changed right for the price?Well nice and good clean up job done:thumbsup:

I thought you did post the price that was dirt cheap and many of us advise you to grab it.It seems to me the situation changed right for the price?Well nice and good clean up job done:thumbsup:

Yup, I originally wanted to have it as a stable mate, but pressure from HQ is making that unlikely. We decided to sell it and use the proceeds to help buy a car for my son who just turned 16..Yikes!!

Ranger log onto Kelly Blue Book (KBB). Click on the motorcycle section and it will ask for your city, state or zip code to identify what region you're in. It will also ask condition, miles etc. You can then select private seller price or trade-in (loan value) price. This should give you a ball park idea. Also go to ebay and plug your bike in and see what they are selling for. There may also be a couple in your local paper or trade publications. With these sources you should be able to price the Bandit in a range where it will be sellable. Wardie

Yup, I originally wanted to have it as a stable mate, but pressure from HQ is making that unlikely. We decided to sell it and use the proceeds to help buy a car for my son who just turned 16..Yikes!!

Holy **** that hurts.So in the end its your son who is going to be the lucky one instead of you.Thats a bit kind of sad

What did you use to clean it up and get the rust off?

Great job, given what you got it for, that looks every bit of $2500-3200 easy:thumbsup:
Ditto. I was looking at Bandits before I bought the Busa. Would've jumped at $2500 for one that old, but not much more. Note that you can occasionally find Bandits in the 2003 vintage for about $3200 - $3500, so asking something like $3300 and then coming down should make you a nice profit.

And she did clean up nice!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well I will chime in here now. I also remember when you bought the bike and was asking if we thought it was worth the $500. I don't know what you have total into it now so that is obviously your bottom line number. I can tell you two things that may offer you some help or it may not. This economy is pretty brutal for selling luxury items. I have an offshore fishing boat that was appraised at 25K that I can't get an offer on. I list it at 20 and don't even get calls. People just are not able to buy the toys they could last year so what the book says its worth and what someone will pay for it may not even be close.

Secondly. My g/f rides an 800 Suzuki. She also rides my Magna. And her skills have improved enough that she is ready to step uo in size and style bike. She is in the market for something relatively affordable like $1000 range to step up into. She was thinking like an older GSXR in the 90s to keep it affordable. When she told me that, I said well you find fixxer uppers out there and showed her your bike that you found and she was like hey I'd buy that bike if I found it like he did. So I can tell you she is in the market for a bargain and she said she liked the looks of it but I know her budget is pretty tight for another bike. She wants something sportier than her 800 dresser.

And I live in Melbourne, Fla so I can get there and drive it back f it comes down to it. So give it thought and if it doesn't develop into a book price sale for you, think about a pretty much given sale to her since she already said she liked the way it looked when she saw it in the pics. She is actively looking right now for something that fits into her budget.

I'd be willing to discuss an as is sale so you don't have to put anything else into brakes and seals etc.

Back