San Diego in January = 84 degrees + 700 miles of riding

shortBoarder

on the pegs + into the sun
Donating Member
Registered
Headed down to San Diego for a full weekend of riding with Scar and his crew (a killer group). Not a lot of pictures from this trip, since it was two days of dawn to dusk riding of the best roads SD has to offer. It didn't hurt that summer seems to have arrived in January this year - high of 84, clear views, and amazingly, very little sand on the roads.

I hit the road in Los Angeles well before dawn, arriving in SD to meet and group of thirty or so riders:

Bike-LineUp.jpg

Out in the back roads of SD. Nothing back here but wanna-be Lance Armstrongs, some cows, maybe a donkey, and a couple of Busas.

GeneralStoreA.jpg

That's my lot. I would have pics of Palomar, Sunrise Hwy and the like, but we were too busy carving up the roads all day.

Many, many thanks to Scar for playing host and providing the grand tour of SD's finest! It was a pleasure riding with the SD crew for a change!

Incredible pix, as usual, yo! Nice work.

I don't know if you're done putting your pix up, but I think I'll interject a couple of shots of you doing your masterwork...

Let's just say that Scavullo has nothing on shortBoarder! ...who goes to every length to get the pix he wants!!!

Craig (Scavullo)1.jpg

Craig (Scavullo)2.jpg

Craig (Scavullo)3.jpg

Well then; my turn...

:beerchug:

Couple of YouTube bits...

First...the ride preview...

Then, the group overview at Cuyamaca...

:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
After breakfast, we met up at Greenfield Mobil...where the group swelled to enormous proportions.

This ride was called as a Birthday gesture for JimmieSD...

Grouping at Gas Station 1.jpg

Grouping at Gas Station 2.jpg

After that point, we headed over to Julian for (you guessed it...)

Legendary Apple Pie~

:beerchug:

Julian Pie 1.jpg

Julian Pie 2.jpg

Julian Pie 3.jpg

Julian Pie 4.jpg

Julian Pie 5.jpg

Julian Pie 6.jpg

Julian Pie 7.jpg

Julian Pie 8.jpg

Julian Pie 9.jpg

At sunset, shortBoarder and I returned to the city and I got a couple (albiet low-quality) pix of him enjoying the view...

These pix were taken from my kitchen doorway... :laugh:

After Ride 1.jpg

After Ride 2.jpg

Back