powdercoating wheels

txbikerdude

Donating Member
Registered
hey all.. i have the 08 black busa but i love the color of the gold wheels on the blue busa. I looked at replacing the wheels but if I all i want from it is the color i may as well save my money and powdercoat the wheels.. my question is has anyone ever done that before? does anyone know if the powdercoat is a good option?

I had my black wheels powder coated silver & the lip polished. Looks good & is much more durable than paint. You will need to replace the wheel bearings when you have it done.

Busa Back.JPG

Pretty much what he said you might be able to save the old ones when you remove them but the chances are slim. Powder coat may run you about 100 dollars but may very make sure it's a good reputable place and that they plug the holes where the bearings go in at.

hey all.. i have the 08 black busa but i love the color of the gold wheels on the blue busa. I looked at replacing the wheels but if I all i want from it is the color i may as well save my money and powdercoat the wheels.. my question is has anyone ever done that before? does anyone know if the powdercoat is a good option?

PM you.

Shawn, McMustang did his. He and a friend did it with powder I had left over and sent him. They turned out real nice.

Back