GTRPimp & Scar's Sunday (10-26-08

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Wow~

What a day...

Well Ryan (GTR Pimp) and I had planned to get together this morning early and see some sights with this rather newbie brother-in-law in tow. Very cool idea...around all the other things we had planned for today...

Enroute to meet me in Banning this morning (meet time was 10:00), youngster (brother-in-law) wiped out his '08 SV650 gettin' on the freeway. (I'll let Ryan give the details on that, but he's OK, no need to worry, ya'llz.) I arrived at Banning about an hour early to preview one of the roads we were had slated for abuse, and before I got my helmet off, the phone was ringing. It was Ryan, with the disappointing news...:angry:

I remounted Wasabi after topping off and headed toward Apple Valley, an hour further north, where Ryan was moving the distressed bike home.

Ryan and I removed the bike from his trailer, I rehydrated some, snapped some pix of the 'damage', then we bid youngster adieu, and set-out for our previously planned destinations... Just as we arrived at Ryan's brother-in-law's pad, Wasabi turned 27,000 miles.:thumbsup:

At around 1:00, we ended up in Idyllwild and went to the favorite haunt, Gastrognome, for some much deserved sustainance. We had some pasta and fresh baked bread...sat and chatted about the state of things, then as we were leaving, Ryan noticed (thankfully) an unauthorized boarder on his bike.

Needless to say, his tire was screwed (see pic). :(

That pretty much ended the festivities for the day... We headed down to Mountain Center and hit the 74 (which seems like the longest, most boring road on the planet at that point), before splitting up and heading north (Ryan) and south (me) to our homes... I talked to Ryan, and he made it home safely on the offended tire, so we're all good with that. :beerchug:

It wasn't the greatest of days on a number of planes, but the weather was spectacular, the roads were in generally good condition, and it was great to get out with Ryan for awhile abusing the roads which so desperately needed it...

Ryan: regardless of how crappy the day could have been, it DIDN'T get worse, and we all know it could have!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love this bike? Oh, I did? :laugh:

Enjoy, ya'llz.

Brother In Law Gear.jpg

Brother In Law Gear (2).jpg

Brother In Law Rash (1).jpg

Bikes Outisde Restaurant.jpg

Ryan (GTRPimp) in Idyllwild.jpg

Ryan (GTRPimp) in Idyllwild (2).jpg

Gastrognome.jpg

Idyllwild View.jpg

Idyllwild View (2).jpg

Screwed.jpg

Last edited:
Uh oh, who has the screw in the tire? Sure glad the young fellow had on some gear, very glad he is ok.

Uh oh, who has the screw in the tire? Sure glad the young fellow had on some gear, very glad he is ok.

Me, too, on the 'ok' sitch. While he doesn't realize it immediately, when you see pix of the bike, you'll see he was definitely lucky to have sustained only those minor scrapes.

The day could have turned out much differently.

Oh, and that was Ryan's tire. Grrr.

well your young rider did not look very happy but I bet he was grateful he had gear on.. Hope the damage on the bike was not too bad...

Glad you guys got a day of riding in... (we barely broke 40 here)

well your young rider did not look very happy but I bet he was grateful he had gear on.. Hope the damage on the bike was not too bad...

Glad you guys got a day of riding in... (we barely broke 40 here)

Celcius or farenheit? (J/K), mmmkay?

Wait 'til you see the bike, bro...it's a mess. Ryan's got some pix to post, as well...

Last edited:
thats the scenery I'm looking forward to seeing in January Scar! looking forward to it. glad to hear the guy's OK.

Well, bruddah...that's pretty high up in elevation. There may be snow up there in January. I think Idyllwild is at 6,000+ feet.

We'll get you some scenery, brother...you trust me. I think you're going to want to never go home.

:whistle:

And I wouldn't blame you. :welcome:

glad it didn't turn out worse than it did, bikes can always be fixed or replaced...nice pics :bowdown: wish you guys could have come and hooked up with us in AR this week, we would have had a great time :beerchug:

what a day but sure could of been worse, Glad Ryans brother in law is ok :thumbsup:

man 27,000k i dont know how you do it Scar:bowdown: i swear there must be some sort of gremlin that swipes your bike when your sleeping and gos out and racks up all those miles:laugh:

LOL "slated for abuse":rofl:

Glad you guys had a great time and he didn't get hurt any worse than he did.:thumbsup:

Glad you guys got out for a ride and that the day didn't turn out worse than it did :beerchug:

WOW Scar, sounds like an eventful day....to say the least! :rollext: Well glad to see "ryan" is well and able to talk about it :please: definitely could have been alot worse, tell him to make sure he thanks that :angel: on his shoulder! Very nice pics bro, glad to see you see guyz decided to pack it in. Sometimes, SOMEONE OR SOMETHING is trying to tell you its just not your day, and "props" for not ignoring that! :beerchug:

Any day riding is a good day
Any day riding with Org bretherin is a great day
Any day you can walk away from a spill while riding is an extra, special gift of a day.

Thanks for sharing yall!:thumbsup:

WOW Scar, sounds like an eventful day....to say the least! :rollext: Well glad to see "ryan" is well and able to talk about it :please: definitely could have been alot worse, tell him to make sure he thanks that :angel: on his shoulder! Very nice pics bro, glad to see you see guyz decided to pack it in. Sometimes, SOMEONE OR SOMETHING is trying to tell you its just not your day, and "props" for not ignoring that! :beerchug:

Phil: It was Ryan's brother-in-law who went down...just for the record.

:beerchug: Thanks for all the props, brother...

Sounds like you still had a great ride, despite the early mishap :thumbsup:

Nice pics!

Here are the pics I took. I'll explain as I go.

After a whole year of the Gixx being in race trim. It was nice to but on all the street accessories back on and do some canyon stuff. Haven't any canyons since May of this year. I still have Bridgestone BT003 DOT race rubber. :laugh:
displayimage.php

New replacement lid due to trackday get off last month:
displayimage.php

The reason we got a little delayed meeting SCAR at the Banning/243 IHOP, my Bro in Law had a little get off himself. He walked away relatively uninjured but has some soreness that's now starting to set in. Thank God for gear!! Textile is not quite leather, but it's world's better than jeans and a t-shirt:
displayimage.php

right side damage. more cosmetic on this side if anything.
displayimage.php

ouch!
displayimage.php

displayimage.php

damage to tail and subframe:
displayimage.php

the meat and potatoes of the damage. upper fairing stay is broken as well:
displayimage.php

what's left of the 08 SV 650:
displayimage.php

After a long morning, a boring Freeway ride, carving up the canyon roads of 243, we end up in Idyllwild. Beautiful Fall afternoon. 78 degrees that day:
displayimage.php

Back