My New Gear Shifter

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Well Ive been thinking of this and talking about it and I finally did it, I think it turned out pretty damn good. Go ahead and let me know what you think.

Here is what I started with and what I ended up with.

000_1614.jpg

000_1619.jpg

000_1615.jpg

Wanted to send a thanks to Darrell ( dolilind )

Made this alot easier.

Thanks again :beerchug:

:beerchug:

Nice! How did you mill/design it? CAD? CNC? Looks very impressive.

footpeg looks mounted on wrong side? I mean shouldnt the flat be more upright for your foot to rest on? looks rolled way back like they machined it to fit a different mount..

:beerchug:

Nice! How did you mill/design it? CAD? CNC? Looks very impressive.

Took a spiked footpeg to match other spikes on bike, Cut it to desired length, Drilled and tapped hole in center of it.

Took chromed stock gear shift lever, cut off toe peg, ground flat, drilled hole in end of it, Put chromed bolt through Gear shift lever, threaded it into the footpeg and there you have it.

Works pretty good too, Never really had a problem with the old one, But I assure you my foot fits firmly under this one, Should not have a problem with missing gears.

sorry...i'm not an "into spikes on my bike" kinda guy as i feel this theme is best left to the hardley crew...cause i would be embarrassed if i hadta be "rushed to the emergency room" cause i fell over...standing still...in my own driveway. :laugh:

but ta each their own..so?..nice polish job on the metal.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

sorry...i'm not an "into spikes on my bike" kinda guy as i feel this theme is best left to the hardley crew...cause i would be embarrassed if i hadta be "rushed to the emergency room" cause i fell over...standing still...in my own driveway. :laugh:

but ta each their own..so?..nice polish job on the metal.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

I agree with that.
I try and remove everything that is sharp on my bike.
I have nightmares of getting off and it flying up and landing on me.
That shifter would be like a dagger with a 500 pound weight behind it.
It does look really good and you did do a good job. :thumbsup:

Back