Steel brake lines

cerebusa

Registered
Guys,
It's time to change the front brakes on my 03, I was just reading the thread on brake pads and got some good ideas. I ran EBC's on the 99 I had and liked them fine. Now about the steel braided lines, what brand and where is best to get a set? I have noticed in hard breaking the 03 seems kinda mushy, didnt notice that on the 99. Thanks for the info...Mike

Galfer here, Cycle Brakes. Had Hel's on my 04LE got those from Charles Street & Track.

cerebusa - you have pm :thumbsup:

Img_1091_yellow_galfer_800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll love 'em, makes a huge difference. I got Spiegler because they have the best matching colors. All of them work well.:thumbsup:

I went with Spielger all the way around.

My brake line pics are still in the camera.:laugh:

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

I went with Spiegler as well.

Still not 100% happy with the K8's front brakes, though the Spiegler lines have made it very, very close to being acceptable. There have been, however, about 2-3 incidents in the past 30,000 miles where I needed to stop quicker than the Tokico's were able to handle. Fortunately, I had escape paths to swerve to each time.

I may re-visit upgrading some components over the winter.... if new lines are needed due to a caliper change, I'll be using the HEL lines. While all the various SS lines are very good, when you place a HEL fitting in your hand and see the fit/finish up close, IMO they are a step above. :agree:

How much trouble are they to change? I have not really looked at the set up on the bike to be honest. I have steel lines on the front of my 68 truck and they were easy. Please tell me these are easy too..pppllllease..........easy yeah thats the ticket.:whistle:

How much trouble are they to change? I have not really looked at the set up on the bike to be honest. I have steel lines on the front of my 68 truck and they were easy. Please tell me these are easy too..pppllllease..........easy yeah thats the ticket.:whistle:

Very easy. The hardest part I had was working the ss lines into the rubber grommets....I want to use the stock holding pionts.

Do yourself a favor and also get some speedbleeders for bleeding the system. If you are opposed to sucking on the bleeder hose, you may also want to get a mightyvac.:thumbsup:

I wonder if I can make these at my shop doesn't anybody know the specs on these lines

Back