Back from a trackday

Ononewheel

Registered
Holy crapoloa did I ever have a good ass time. I am now in the intermediate group, and actually as far as today goes did very well with that. I took my R1, it was put on at beaver run by Bmw of pittsburgh. A control rider spent some time working with me and that really allowed me to improve my skills and get paster by the turn.

here are some pics
The r1, man I love this thing.(i still love the bus too, dont worry)

race1.jpg

These crazy ass turkeys were rollin around the gate. The male would slowly roll around behind the ladies all puffed up whilst they payed no attention to him what so ever. LOL sounds familiar.

turkey.jpg

looks like a good time .what gear can you get the r1 into on that track?and did the instuctor get on you for scraping the pegs /just courious.ps man those tires heated up nice !!!

looks like a good time .what gear can you get the r1 into on that track?and did the instuctor get on you for scraping the pegs /just courious.ps man those tires heated up nice !!!
You know I am not really sure what gear, I think 4th did the trick. My top speed on the front straight is right at 140 give or take. Alttle more experience would get you more. I didnt get yelled at for the pegs, and actually would not have been doing it if it didnt feel fine.

thanks fro!

holy crapoly! Look at that melted rear tire! Glad you had a ball out there!! Now tell all the nice people how track riding is about 100% more fun than you can ever get from the street. Wa this your first track day or one of many? great pics too!!

holy crapoly!  Look at that melted rear tire!   Glad you had a ball out there!!   Now tell all the nice people how track riding is about 100% more fun than you can ever get from the street.  Wa this your first track day or one of many?  great pics too!!
Thanks sir. Youa re right about the fun level. Blows away anything you can do on the street. I actually just got back from deals gap 3 days ago, and yea it was fun as hell there, but the trackday is so much more fun I dont care if i ever go back to the gap, I just want to do more track days. While I was at the gap last weekend one rider died, I think 2 or 3 were helicptored and many others went down. All in a short period of time. Two people I was with went down. Thank god they are okay. Today at the track I think there were5 or 6 riders down all unharmed(and this is much faster than a street pace). It is difficult to have fun on the street when you are concerned about debris, cars, other riders, and po po. All of this while you are thinking of your wife and family, and what would happen if you were gone. Breaks my heart to even think about it.

This was my 2nd track day and there will be more as soon as I can afford tires. I really think I need to continue working on getting good lines. The confidence in myself and the bike is there. I just need to follow an expert for a good while more.

To all who have not yet done one. Go for it, you will not believe what you will learn about yourself and your bike.

By the look of that tire and everything else you wore out, it looks like you DiD have a fantastic time.

Great job now you will come to the conclusion that I did that you will get more track time by racing than just doing track days and then the fun really begins. Glad to see someone doing something other than just going in a straight line fast:;):

Marc

Great job now you will come to the conclusion that I did that you will get more track time by racing than just doing track days and then the fun really begins.  Glad to see someone doing something other than just going in a straight line fast:;):

Marc
I have had a couple racer frinds tell me that racing is better than trackdays. Guess it's even cheaper to race too? Pretty cool. I love to drag race with a passion, but the feeling and sound of you knee scraping along the road is unmatchable. Its fun to chase someone down and set them up to pass them. Then just when you think you are the hot poop, some dude comes BLOWING by on a smaller bike...... I freakin LOVE it!

I don't know about cheaper. The AMA course at California Speedway is $235 for the day. Usually have 3 groups. A race weekend you have Saturday practice all day (Basically a trackday) Then a 15 min practice session Sunday morning and 3 races for $230. You have to figure all the bike prep for the track is the same for the race, IF your bike is already race prepped. If still in street trim you can figure in the additional costs to do this as well.

I am currently race prepping my 03 636. Did all the safety wiring today. Need to get the race plastics and get the street stuff off and I will be set for next season.

Go to a club race and see what goes on. The atmosphere is awesome. Good times with good people.

Best of luck to you

Marc

Back