GSX1100R Paint Scheme

I used to get some pretty strange looks dragging my knee on that big heavy beast. They still hold their value. The VF1000R was only made 2 years,
1985 - single headlight & 1986- double headlight. Pretty ahead of its time in the technology dept. too.

here's my 89 1100..

DSC06254.JPG

DSC06253.JPG

I had fun on a dyno drag a couple of months ago. with me on it it weighed 699lbs did a best of 10.39 @132mph with a lot of bog in first gear.. I never been on one of those dyno's before sure wouldn't do it again..

I had fun on a dyno drag a couple of months ago. with me on it it weighed 699lbs did a best of 10.39 @132mph with a lot of bog in first gear.. I never been on one of those dyno's before sure wouldn't do it again..

Whats a dyno drag? Sounds cool. Is that like some kind of a simulator?

thanks for the compliments on the bikes.. the 89 1100 is a pretty quick bike..
half throttle will stand the bike right up at 12:00 if your to low in the rpms.. awsome bike for wheelies, but it's old to be playing that on this bike.. last thing I want is a mishap..

it's called Teresi dyno drags very popular do a search on you tube you'll see some busa putting there power to the test.. I had a friend video it, but only managed to record the staging part as the battery died in the camcorder, was i PISSED!.. I ran against my sons 96 gsxr 750 with hindle full exhaust and jetted.. he layed down a 10.70 at 129mph I just dumped my clutch at 7 grand and it just bogged, my son had the right idea, he would just let the clutch out quick while maintaining high rpms.. I believe if I had done that I would of cut down the serious bog... and done a better time (but for my 1100 having 32,000 miles it still runs strong) as soon as I let the clutch out it dropped to 3500 rpms .... the operater told us these bikes need to launch at 9000rpms or they will fall on there face.. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone to try.. after securing my bike I asked do you ever seen problems with the bikes on here, he says yea alot.. clutches and engines he seen go..

Thats a beauty, in black too, I would keep that in my living room like a peice of history:bowdown:

thanks. when I take it out, I realy baby it now.(since I got the busa that is) keep the front wheel on the ground.. and treat it like history... I am trying to get a hold of an original exhaust system for it:please:.. then I'll be complete..

Since we're sharing our youth, this was my first new bike off the showroom, '86 FJ1200. At 18, you couldn't get the smile off my face with a chisle. Not the best choice of gear back then:whistle:

fj1200.jpg

fj1200.1.jpg

I had 2 1984 Suzuki GS550ES - 1 street & 1 racebike - blue/white
My 1st roadrace experience in 1985.

Below my baby, 1986 Honda VF1000R First full fairing sport bike in US. 630# dry weight. I won best 1980's Honda in a show. Sold it to buy my Busa.

RTSIDE.jpg

When I had my blue and white 1100, I used to run into a guy with an 85 VF1000R. It was nice.

But there was another bike that came out the same year as the VF1000R with a full fairing, and us Canadians did get it.
1985_GSX-R750_sales1_600.jpg

I remember the first time I saw a GSXR in 1985. I saw two of them, and I thought two guys were riding their racebikes on the street.

come on guys...The best paint sceme ever was the '86 gsxr 750... ...here's my heard of OC's...
I agree with the O P, Suzuki needs to do a white/blue Busa. There's pics of one on the web from a bike show from a few years back. It's done up '86-'87 ish....

img415.jpg

img414.jpg

img531.jpg

img411.jpg

thanks. when I take it out, I realy baby it now.(since I got the busa that is) keep the front wheel on the ground.. and treat it like history... I am trying to get a hold of an original exhaust system for it:please:.. then I'll be complete..

I just happen to have an original SS dual exhuast for that bike sitting in my garage. Very VERY nice shape....VERY cheap to a fellow OC'er....

I just happen to have an original SS dual exhuast for that bike sitting in my garage. Very VERY nice shape....VERY cheap to a fellow OC'er....

are you kidding:cheerleader: geeze cant get the smile of my face..

please send me some pics...
joe1963@verizon.net

by the way guys, I love those bikes... when a work buddy bought a new 86 blue/white 1100. I fell in lve with it, when I finaly got enough money to buy one it was 1989. I went to the dealer and was looking at a new blue/white to buy, I just happen to look over and seen the black,gun metal grey and silver one, in another part of there showroom. I just got a glimps of the front of it, walked over and I said WOW! AND BOUGHT IT... after about a 1000 miles on it, I took it up to 11000 rpms looked at the spedometer and it was indicating 170mph, bone stock.. those were the younger days.. knock on wood all these years riding I never been pulled over...

thanks for the compliments on the bikes.. the 89 1100 is a pretty quick bike..
half throttle will stand the bike right up at 12:00 if your to low in the rpms.. awsome bike for wheelies, but it's old to be playing that on this bike.. last thing I want is a mishap..

it's called Teresi dyno drags very popular do a search on you tube you'll see some busa putting there power to the test.. I had a friend video it, but only managed to record the staging part as the battery died in the camcorder, was i PISSED!.. I ran against my sons 96 gsxr 750 with hindle full exhaust and jetted.. he layed down a 10.70 at 129mph I just dumped my clutch at 7 grand and it just bogged, my son had the right idea, he would just let the clutch out quick while maintaining high rpms.. I believe if I had done that I would of cut down the serious bog... and done a better time (but for my 1100 having 32,000 miles it still runs strong) as soon as I let the clutch out it dropped to 3500 rpms .... the operater told us these bikes need to launch at 9000rpms or they will fall on there face.. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone to try.. after securing my bike I asked do you ever seen problems with the bikes on here, he says yea alot.. clutches and engines he seen go..

Sounds pretty cool...... i'll have to check it out! thx

Back