Stretched...into 9"s

Danfaster

Registered
Finally stretched the busa!(63") I installed the bolt on style and a Shingo tire. I ran a 10.1 with no nitrous and slip on's, with a 17/47 sprocket combo. With a 36 jet I ran a 9.75 @ 145. Only 1.6's for 60 ft..needs to get better. I hit the rev limiter without nos, so I might drop down to 44 rear or go up even more with a 16 front,not sure which is best?
I have a Brock streetsmart exhaust and air shifter coming through Goldenchild, that should put me into the 9"s consistently without nos.
I've read a lot of threads on the stretch length, I am at 63 inches. Should I go longer? What other tricks, other then seat time can I do to get down to the 1.5's 60 ft.?
It's not as bad driving with it stretched as I thought for cornering. Nice for not shooting upward in lower gears...well safer...I do miss the wheelies a bit!
I attached some time slips and a pic of my 02 before I stretched and lowered it. I am the number 11 on the time slips.
Ran against a stretched turbo buel, car # 17, had to use nitrous to make sure the harley didn't get me

9 Second Club!! 001.jpg

9 Second Club!! 003.jpg

9 Second Club!! 005.jpg

5a76_20.jpg

Just let a mod/admin know if you double post. edit it with the words double post and we'll catch it easier. I don't believe you can highlight the title. Thread tools - subscribe to the thread will track the topic.

If you are not having issues with wheelies, I would not go any longer. You could start having traction issues if you do.

I will post some pics of the bike stretched towmorrow after I take a few pics.
Gives it a wider tire look, doesn't handle that bad either...surprised me!

Back