6" over swingarm handling troubles?

Back on topic yes handling changes a bit with the stretch.  I don't push it to affect traction on turns anyways.  Make sure tire pressure is correct and make sure your rear wheel is properly aligned.

Here's mine with a CM 0-6" arm set at 5 over.

0315081911a_1_.JPG

If one thinks that his 6" stretched Busa corners OK.. He or she is one sloooooow rider. No amount of adjustments will restore factory weight distribution. With one exception, if you ride with passenger. I just switch back from 4.5" stretch because I`m not going to ride 2 up anymore.
With my extension and passenger I can take corners real fast.

If you REALLY want to keep that stretch you should adjust your rear sag, pump your tires to 40PSI and set compression and rebound to middle settings. Start from there.

When you have problems with the rear sliding out you would want to decrease throttle. Thats always the cause on my stock wheelbase bike(s) and im betting its yours also. The swing arm and the tire have stability and grip. Im betting on this.
Whenever I enter a turn I get to my desired speed before I start to enter the turn then I stay constant on the throttle I never accelerate in the turn. I didn't seem to have as much of a problem with the stock rear shock ,but couldn't ride 2up with it.
Then if this is the case. What you would want to do is slow down to under 40-50 mph when turning 90 degree corners. This will surely aid in your tires maintaining grip with the road surface.
laugh.gif

I had my bike at 6 over, then I changed it to 6 over, now back to stock....im running the Qualifiers as well. I had no trouble at any of the settings, and I hit the twisties more agressively than most, which is why Im back to stock. The only issues i had were with clearance.

Back