RENO FERNLEY RACEWAY

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Well the first thread with this subject just disappeared, so let's start again! Bedtime for me now, let's build some info up on this so other riders will decide to participate! I'll post info Wednesday morning. Raydog

Don't Forget to Change your "DEPENDS" before you go to Bed Doyle. If you know what I mean .......
laugh.gif

who else is going? Robert Gene or if you guys just want to come up we have extra chairs and a lark for Gene
cool.gif

Damm that is my birthday, and I love trackdays. Prob is I am scheduled to work, thinking about it.

I would Love to GO but..... I Need FAT MAN Gear that I am Still Working on...........

I would Love to GO but..... I Need FAT MAN Gear that I am Still Working on...........
Robert, I have a pair of serious armoured synthetic pants that may fit you, let me find out from pactracktime people if they are allowed..we've been doing phone tag for 3 days. Doyle

I'm bringing my Busa on a single rail trailer so if anyone wants to ride to the track, then has a problem, I will still have my truck bed to put a non running bike in at the end of the day. Also, I can throw in additional lawn chairs if needed. Rob, we'll talk a couple days in advance so you know how to get to my house on Sat. the 21st. Also, don't forget Charlesbusa and SoCal crew are coming up in middle of August to Reno Fernley Raceway so that can be Act II!      Doyle

post_6_10357_Img_0131_doyle.jpg

ok Doyle that sounds good has the track called back about bike prep and cameras and things?

not sure if you saw it before our first thread got lost but Anthony with the Repsol is prolly gonna go to
thumb_up.gif

No callback yet, I'm carrying a list of questions around in my pocket for when they call! 10-4 on Anthony, that's great, does he have a truck or what? Doyle

OK guys, I talked to em and here's what I found out....

You can sign up with credit card @ (530)223-0622 or on line @ pacifictracktime.com

Price is special 2 days (Jun 21 and 22) for $199 OR just Sunday the 22nd for $160

Safety wire is not manditory, it is optional

mirrors must be able to fold back OR be removed

It is NOT required to cover lights with tape BUT you must disconnect brake light switches (no brainer)

You MAY advance to higher level if you are passing everyone safely and clearly have higher skills (during the day)

Mounted cameras ARE OK...if mounted with a real mount (not duct tape)

Non leather suits are acceptable IF they have serious body armor, are motorcycle design
AND lower zips fully with top

Robert!! go to racewayskins.com to rent ANY size leathers...they are in Nor Cal!

Rob, for $40 bucks more we could arrive Sat afternoon and learn the track with some 80% riding, for the next day...just a suggestion....later Doyle

Thanks Mr. Doyle for all the footwork
thumb_up.gif
what about coolant only water wetter right

I think i will just roll up saturday and hit it on sunday if Anthony gos were gonna come up in his truck he has a full size rig so we can fit both bikes if he dont then i will bring the bike up in my little peecup

picked up some qualifiers today and a set of sliders
firedevil.gif
and cool on the camera i have the sportbikecam set up so i should be good to go
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Great, one more thing, the headlight must be covered...not for safety with material (it's not glass, it's plastic just like the rest of the fairing) but so an illuminated headlight doesn't show. I have a headlight switch so I don't know if I'll cover it or not. Doyle

Rob, you are a bad influence! I just ordered frame sliders and mirror block off plates.

firedevil.gif
i cant help myself, everytime i go to the shop i start shaking, then pee my pants and forget who i am for a half hour, and start spending money
cool.gif

Doyle did the track say anything about the coolant?

firedevil.gif
i cant help myself, everytime i go to the shop i start shaking, then pee my pants and forget who i am for a half hour, and start spending money
cool.gif

Yes, I just had another conversation and she said, "as long as you have a tight, proper cooling system with overflow, coolant is fine". Yeah baby, one more thing we don't have to do! Doyle

firedevil.gif
cool.gif

Yes, I just had another conversation and she said, "as long as you have a tight, proper cooling system with overflow, coolant is fine".   Yeah baby, one more thing we don't have to do!    Doyle
oh thats awesome i have tons to do still
muscle.gif

im all signed up for the 22nd Doyle! i went with c group since i can move up if i want did you pick c to?

I didn't sign up yet, Rob, I've done quite a few track days and can say clearly, depending on whose there, you are a solid B or even A rider...since you already signed up and I've never riden this track, I'll start in C with you then we'll work our way up together. Tell me how your leathers fit when you get em. I'm so excited, I just took my back foam spine pad out and stuck my seperate spine protector in the jacket's big pocket...and it fit! Ahh, the little things.....Doyle

ok cool i wasent sure about where i should place but since we can work up i think this will be good we can learn the track some first
beerchug.gif
oh man i cant wait!!

got my new gloves rocket GPX last night and should get my new one piece the 9th hopefully the size i ordered (size 46) will fit good, if not i can return for the 48 but i always wear a 46 in jackets so i should be good to go
thumb_up.gif

Back