damaged custom paint !!!!!!

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
so i drop off my custom painted side panel to get cleared this morning. i remind the guy to use the products specific for my paint and how to apply. i get a call from the body shop owner in the afternoon and i could tell in his voice something was wrong. he tells me there's a problem with my painted panel, that it got damaged during degreasing. right away i knew they didn't follow procedure since i degreased it myself before dropping it off...

i had to wait until i got back in town this evening. i thank the martial arts i'm taking for helping me stay kool, i was definitely "not happy" but i didn't throw my cell phone [thought about it]. so i get in town and pull up to the shop. mind you the owner is a kool guy, and so am i but i dont think he caught a grasp as to how much work went into this piece. he gives me a friendly "what's up? i think to myself ["dude dont you know what's up?...], i'm not a happy person at the moment and i'm not one to be fake. we walk inside and i had seen a pic that was emailed to me earlier so i know it's gonna be bad. the anticipation has my heart pumping, i could feel the anger brewing yet i say calm...

here's a pic of the carnage...

the top of the samurai's arm is missing, the top tiger's claw, the tigers head is damaged, along with streak marks...

IMG_1913.JPG

i owe about 500-600 on the prep and clear so i'm sure that'll be waived. wife said she'd fix it if it was her so...after a few hours...

a little more tomorrow night and thursday night and she's be salvage. this is how she looks as of tonight.

IMG_1915.JPG

That sonofabitch, sorry but I do not know how to say it any other way.
guns.gif

Failure to follow simple instructions...FAIL!!!!!
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

she'll be good as new after some more layering of black and white, and black and white...and black...and white... mannn i just wanna ride!
ohthedrama.gif

Man really sorry to hear about this after all the work that went into making it right.

i'm actually starting to look at it as a challenge to make it look as close to the original.

Oh, man! That is just painful to look at. Absolute negligence, and carelessness.

Accidents happen, but come on! Inexcusable.

I hope the second time around is WAY more successful.

man that blows ass... hope you can get it back as it was and they compensate you well for it

Man glad you're able to repair. People sould be more careful with a one off master piece.
thumb_up.gif

Can't you give it a light top coat of clear before giving it back to them to protect your hard work? I did a piece once that I was sending out to have a few top coats put on. I had used an acetylene torch with no oxygen running to dust over the piece with black smoke sout and it was very easy to mess up so I dusted a light coat of clear on it.

I don't take kung fu, you want me to smack his a$$ ??

THANK GOD you have the talent to fix it !! Could you imagine if it was someone like me, with no talent or the cash to fix it ?
guns.gif

Hang in there Rev !!

Just good that you have the skills, but I know it's still frustrating!

Back