Any Father/Daughter riding combos out there?

straker

Registered
Hi all...

Just wondering how many .org members out there share their passion for motorcycles and riding with their daughters. My 23 yr old daughter has been riding pillion with me for some time has now taken the motorcycle safety course, passed her motorcycle endorsement test and bought a 2008 Ninja 250 as her starter bike. I'm proud to ride with her and wondered how many other dads out there are in the same place.

alison_dad_may08_1.jpg

That's just too awsome. You guys look swell together.

My daughter is 11 y/o and loves going for rides on the Falcon. Although I look forward to her getting her own ride, I'm sure gonna miss her being so close and holding on.

Mike B

My daughter has been riding motorcycles with me since she was 5 years old. She can not get enough seat time. This is my way of keeping her grades up. She will give up her X-Box and other video games as well as hanging out with her friends. But when I tell her there is no riding if her grades fall, she buckles down. We are looking for her first bike now so when she turns 16 she will have it. She enjoys riding the Hardley, but she prefers the Busa. I enjoy the time we get to spend riding together. It is fantastic above what words can explain.

No daughters but Grandpa Grandson soon.  
smile.gif

I will start him out on my Honda Rutkus.

684334876306_0_BG.jpg

13, slaying the dragon. I was skeptical taking her to the Bash. Tim takes his daughter a lot so I figured it was all good. It was!
Great memories made every mile. Even the ones with the open mic on the Autocom...
wowold.gif

She's been riding weith me since 10. No interest in her own bike though.

DSC00015.JPG

Ihave a lil while to go, my oldest is only 6 and the other turns 2 in august

After riding with me for years she finally got the bug to get her own. Now we ride together but on different bikes. Her 'new' 03 SV650.

SuzukiSV650_006Small.jpg

My daughter won't even ride in a car with me
wowold.gif
I think she has drank some of the cool aid that has been poured on this site
laugh.gif

I would love for my kids to ride with me someday. Actually, my Son has gone on a couple rides with me, he's 10. My Daughters are 7. Figuring out which one rides and which one stays is the interesting part. I guess I need to get one of them sidecar Busas! LOL

My 5 year old hasn't been on the street yet but she's been riding in the dirt with me since she was 1 month old. Seriously. She went for her first ride on the quad with me when she was 1 month old. Absolutely loved it and has ever since.

She doesn't like how loud the pipes are on the Busa though. Not sure why
dunno.gif

My girl has 3 kids, daughter is 9, two sons, one 7 and one 4. I'm still kinda nervous taking a 9 y/o out on the bike, but I'll take her around the development. I don't have any gear that fits the boys, but I have taken them down the street just sitting on the tank. Obviously I'm not an idiot and didn't exceed 5mph. actually I just coasted down the street, and drove back up, but they love it!
beerchug.gif

How old can they start?
firedevil.gif
My daughter is almost 2 and she loves to sit on anything with 2 wheels and some go.
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

Mine started at 3 but I strongly suggest investing in a child harness (attaches you the the child and has neck support if they doze off). Some kids fall asleep easy to the sound of the motor at a constant rpm for extended periods.

Mike B

Back