My wreck back on May 2

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
I gonna keep it short,working with only one good hand and a bottle of vicodin. Haven't posted since May 2, was in the hospital for five days,had two surgeries to my left wrist,a bunch of morphine-dilota-vicodin and who knows what else. Ended up with a fractured radius bone,a bunch of torn nerves-tendons-ligaments, dislocated carpal bone which they tried to reset with three different pulls before they had to go in and reset it manually,they put me out for the first two pulls and not for the third,the pain was so intense I started fighting with them with my good arm to stop.I think they put a few pins in there also.
A little rash,bumps and bruises on the left leg. (Yes I was wearing my gear). Funny,zero damage to my left glove and jacket sleeve?
Was a blind corner,35mph limit,could have been doing more than 40, I think what did all the damage was all the large rocks and small rounded boulders that were embedded and lined the shoulder of the road that me and the bike went floating across. Knowing gear helps a lot,when you go down in this stuff,there no guarantees.

5_2_08_crash_1_013.jpg

Remember, you with small monitors,click the pics to see larger image.

5_2_08_crash_1_010.jpg

The rest of the gear held-up pretty good but it's time for new anyways.

5_2_08_crash_1_005.jpg

left arrow is person's van that stopped to help
center arrow is a bush on the inside of the turn
right arrow is a shady tree on the right side of the road

5_2_08_crash_028.jpg

helpers van on left
shady tree on right
center is where I hit the shoulder

Looks like an easy corner but because of the blindness and when you get to this point the road makes an abrupt left onto the straight,all I know is I was leaving the asphalt fast. The guy that stopped to help said theres been so many crashes on this turn that they've stopped fixing the fence,said they usually end-up in the field and a few go into the creek.

5_2_08_crash_032.jpg

Ouch. Welcome back. The bike can be fixed/replaced. You can't. Glad you had your gear on. It could have been much worse.

line on the right is where the bike dug-in,pretty soft stuff next to that tree
X is where my body landed on the rocks
arrow is where bike landed

I think I was able to scrub just a bit of speed before it dug-in.

5_2_08_crash_038.jpg

X's from right to left - lost it - me on ground - bike landed
all the arrows are bent fence posts from previous crashes

Considering from where I lost it and from where the bike landed couldn't be more the 50 feet,I don think I was doing more that 35 to 25 when I went down. People,my skill level is far from feeble, that tells you how fast theses things happen.

5_2_08_crash_040.jpg

glad to see your posting and on the road to recovery. heal fast

WOW $9000 to repair the busa, I take it insurance is gonna total it? are you gonna fix it or buy another?

Back