Martin Finnegan

celticBandit

Registered
It was a very sad day for me here on Saturday when I heard the news that Martin Finnegan had lost his life at the Tandragee 100 road races in Northern Ireland. At 29 and already a champion, Martin Finnegan was one of the best,if not the best road racers in the Republic of Ireland,he was great at what he did and sadly he died doing wat he loved on the 3rd may 2008.

I followed Martin to a number of road races over the past number of years including his fantastic 3rd place at the Isle of Man TT in 2004.

Martin died when his engine siezed catapulting him from the bike. Unfortunately, three spectators were also injured,none of the injuries suffered by the spectators are thought to be life-threatening. The meeting was abandoned after the accident.

I guess the best way to pay tribute is to show you guys a couple of pictures of him in action, this is how most people would like to remember him, as he gave so much of us great happiness in what he did. He is survived by a wife and 3 year old daughter.

finnegan.jpg

This is a terrible loss I loved watching Martin race I have a couple of his pic's on my desk top as screen savers he was an awesome Road Racer. You will be missed Martin Finnegan RIP brother!!!!

Back