Done, Done, Done!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
At last, the total completion of my Winter project (swingarm, billet parts, HID lighting, etc.)is complete! Besides my family, only my Busa makes me feel like a kid going to the beach! Actually I am...to our NorCal Mini Busa Bash on Friday...no wonder I'm excited.
Now I'm getting these stupid thoughts...what if my chain breaks riding to the big ride? what if I forgot to tighten down a special bolt that holds the whole bike together? I hate myself for that uncertainty.
There's a thin line between being a good mechanic with humility and a guy that thinks he's good but is only marginal!
Doyle

P1010415.JPG

Looks good but I cant handle the rest/rack.
When you say "rest/rack" do you mean like a back rest? It's a Ventura rack system that's 1)removable 2)will allow me to transport 3 days worth of clothes, tools, supplies to the NorCal ride, I would need a 2 ft tall tankbag without it! Raydog

Your bike epitomizes the beauty of bling derived from function.
Well done!

cheers
ken

Doyle, I just got back from a run up hwy 162 ... YOU ARE GONNA LOVE IT!!!! It was smooth as butter and very lil debris along with NO TRAFFIC! Only down side was about 30miles or so up the hill was the snow and looks doubtful that we can push through to Quincy that way, but it's no problem because we can turn around and come down the butter track again !
cool.gif

Looks sweet Doyle, I would have put money on you havin brought wheel in before next weekend. The billet stator cover & sprocket cover go really well with your wheels, I too plan on gettin a woodcraft cover and the billet sprocket cover from CM as well, sent a couple PM's but no response so I guess he was serious about not havin time to make parts for members anymore, I think you caught him just in time. Hey I think it's normal to second guess yourself on the tightening of bolts and such irrigardless of your mechanical apptitude, shoot today all I did was remount the rear wheel and adjust the chain and when putting the bike away I'm thinkin "did I torque the axle nut? did I tighten the adjuster lock nuts?"
dunno.gif
Hey are you stayin at the Motel 6 in Chico next weekend? Think I better reserve a room before I find myself sol. See ya next week end.
super.gif

Looks sweet Doyle, I would have put money on you havin brought wheel in before next weekend.  The billet stator cover & sprocket cover go really well with your wheels, I too plan on gettin a woodcraft cover and the billet sprocket cover from CM as well, sent a couple PM's but no response so I guess he was serious about not havin time to make parts for members anymore, I think you caught him just in time.  Hey I think it's normal to second guess yourself on the tightening of bolts and such irrigardless of your mechanical apptitude, shoot today all I did was remount the rear wheel and adjust the chain and when putting the bike away I'm thinkin "did I torque the axle nut? did I tighten the adjuster lock nuts?"
dunno.gif
  Hey are you stayin at the Motel 6 in Chico next weekend?  Think I better reserve a room before I find myself sol.  See ya next week end.
super.gif
Gene, Mike told me he was so busy, he literally had to pull from advertising on the .org! That doesn't mean he won't produce stuff anymore...it's just he has to probably finish up on dozens of arms first. I'll tell you more when I see you...I'll be getting into Kent's house about 4pm on Friday. Doyle

Back