Bad dealings with Silvio @ alliedbarter

BT, sorry to hear about your experience and don't know what to say.  My first dealing with Sylvio was quite good.  This last time wasn't so good when I told him the one he sent me wasn't the right color.  He was very pleasant about correcting the situation, but not so good in the follow-up of tracking information.  He was also going to send me his UPS information so that I could return the original one to him.  Well, he hasn't to this point given me that UPS information and I still have the undertail.  My stuff is being packed up at the end of the week and I guess if I don't hear from him I've got an extra undertail.  I don't feel good about it, but I prodded him for the 2 weeks it took to my replacement here for the info and still don't have it so he must not be worried about it.

Anyway, now that I'm done ranting I guess I will have an extra undertail to get rid of shortly.  It does not have the lights though because I had to remove them and put them in the replacement.

I don't know what has happened to Sylvio lately.  Sorry you had to deal with that.
Not yer fault, bro. I know you would never intentionally point anyone here in the wrong direction.
beerchug.gif

Um, I will be buying the Freestyle undertail that retains the stock light....  Well, I will as soon as The Wife Re-instates my Amex privliges... Sheesh, spend $3000 in a thirty day period on bike related and other stuff and she gets all twitchy...:laugh: OK so she had to write a big check at the end of the month...  Where's her sense of humor?  
laugh.gif

Yeah, I suck...
What are your plans for turn signals, Rev? I liked the clean look of the Freestyle (that uses the stock rear brake lens) but I'd still have to spend more $$ and come up with a turn signal arrangement of some kind that didn't ass up the clean lines of the undertail. That's the main reason I decided on the Top Gun rather than the Freestyle. Other reasons were... I wasn't crazy about losin' the tool kit strap, tank prop clips, etc that are on the stock tray. You put any thought into those aspects of the Freestyle?
rock.gif

... he does this stuff and doesnt make much money, but i think he is just gettin a bit swamped ya know.. tracking numbers are a BITCH to have to deal with ALL day long ya know.. he needs some type of automated poop.
Well, bein' swamped and not havin' automated tracking number notification is no reason for the guy to feed a payin' customer a line of shid... Bein' honest about it wouldn't have taken any more time or software than tellin' a lie. On top of that, he wouldn't have to worry about the next incoming phone call bein' a WTF call...
wink.gif

I was thinking of ordering a TopGun Undertail from him as well, but now that I know about the crummy customer service I think I'll pass.  
mad.gif
Don't know how their customer service is yet but I just ordered one from www.second-look.com. They seemed helpful and nice enough while takin' the order. I don't remember ever seein' any bad posts about them. I guess I'll know in a few days, huh?
wink.gif

I ordered mine 29th from Sylvio. Still haven't recieved it. Aparently it may not have even shipped yet. Still waiting on the tracking number also. I was hoping to have everything back together by this weekend. Not looking good now. I may not have everything by Friday anyhow. That and I only have the weekends to work on her. We will see what happens.

Later,

Steve

I ordered mine 29th from Sylvio.  Still haven't recieved it.  Aparently it may not have even shipped yet.  Still waiting on the tracking number also.  I was hoping to have everything back together by this weekend.  Not looking good now.  I may not have everything by Friday anyhow.  That and I only have the weekends to work on her.  We will see what happens.

Later,

Steve
Good luck on havin' it by the weekend, bro.
wink.gif

BT, My tank & seat skins came from 2nd look real happy...anyway about a month after buying them I noticed the stichting coming loose. I called, I shipped, Had the skin back to my door within seven days free of charge...Now thats good bussiness.
I've used them several times with very good luck....Just my .02

BT, My tank & seat skins came from 2nd look real happy...anyway about a month after buying them I noticed the stichting coming loose. I called, I shipped, Had the skin back to my door within seven days free of charge...Now thats good bussiness.
I've used them several times with very good luck....Just my .02
That's good news. Glad to hear it. Thanks for sharing the positive feedback.
beerchug.gif

Happy I could help bulletTrain, I've only dealt with second_look on seat and tank skins in the past, but have been pleased with them, I also met Brian, their custom guy, at the cleveland bike show this winter (FEB), and he was a very nice guy. I actually just spoke with him on having a skin made for the 40th busa, he told me he wasn't sure if I'd be happy with the match and actually sent me a piece to place against the bike for sample. He was right, not close enough for me, but he could of very easily told me it was a good match, took my $150 for a custom job, and left me hanging when I recieved them. I appreciated the extra effort he made on my behalf. As for the heads up on the extreme orders being shipped, thanks for the update.

Happy I could help bulletTrain,  I've only dealt with second_look on seat and tank skins in the past, but have been pleased with them, I also met Brian, their custom guy, at the cleveland bike show this winter (FEB), and he was a very nice guy.  I actually just spoke with him on having a skin made for the 40th busa, he told me he wasn't sure if I'd be happy with the match and actually sent me a piece to place against the bike for sample.  He was right, not close enough for me, but he could of very easily told me it was a good match, took my $150 for a custom job, and left me hanging when I recieved them.  I appreciated the extra effort he made on my behalf.   As for the heads up on the extreme orders being shipped, thanks for the update.
Thanks for the feedback.
beerchug.gif
Good luck with your order through Silvio.
wink.gif

Happy I could help bulletTrain,  I've only dealt with second_look on seat and tank skins in the past, but have been pleased with them, I also met Brian, their custom guy, at the cleveland bike show this winter (FEB), and he was a very nice guy.  I actually just spoke with him on having a skin made for the 40th busa, he told me he wasn't sure if I'd be happy with the match and actually sent me a piece to place against the bike for sample.  He was right, not close enough for me, but he could of very easily told me it was a good match, took my $150 for a custom job, and left me hanging when I recieved them.  I appreciated the extra effort he made on my behalf.   As for the heads up on the extreme orders being shipped, thanks for the update.
I also talked to brian match was close enough for me..check this skin out....

one_star_finished_busa_015.jpg

BT, sorry to hear about your experience and don't know what to say.  My first dealing with Sylvio was quite good.  This last time wasn't so good when I told him the one he sent me wasn't the right color.  He was very pleasant about correcting the situation, but not so good in the follow-up of tracking information.  He was also going to send me his UPS information so that I could return the original one to him.  Well, he hasn't to this point given me that UPS information and I still have the undertail.  My stuff is being packed up at the end of the week and I guess if I don't hear from him I've got an extra undertail.  I don't feel good about it, but I prodded him for the 2 weeks it took to my replacement here for the info and still don't have it so he must not be worried about it.

Anyway, now that I'm done ranting I guess I will have an extra undertail to get rid of shortly.  It does not have the lights though because I had to remove them and put them in the replacement.

I don't know what has happened to Sylvio lately.  Sorry you had to deal with that.
Not yer fault, bro. I know you would never intentionally point anyone here in the wrong direction.
beerchug.gif
No, I wouldn't. And for anyone who may have ordered based upon what I have said, I apologize. My first dealing with him was very good, but the last one wasn't as good even though I did finally get it. I think it took 2 weeks when he said it would only take 1 week.

yeah, bigbsbusa, nobody's pointing fingers, just informing for future mod wanna-bee's. I'll keep you all posted on my order, delivery date and quality, hopefully this is just Sylvio and not a reflection on extreme graphics,

Dr1300r, that's nice, I like it, I was looking to go with orange skin with the black kanji's in the side, reverse of what they stock for the bike. Don't like all that black covering that pretty orange. Anyways, with the metallic in the paint, I just think it was close enough for me, I have one of there skins on my gsxr, that from a few feet away you'd never know was a skin, that's kinda what I was going for. Now that I see it Brian actually mentioned your skin when we were talking
smile.gif

I also talked to brian match was close enough for me..check this skin out....
Nice! Not a perfect match but it looks good!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
No, I wouldn't.  And for anyone who may have ordered based upon what I have said, I apologize.  My first dealing with him was very good, but the last one wasn't as good even though I did finally get it.  I think it took 2 weeks when he said it would only take 1 week.
I don't think anyone here would hold you responsible, bro. Like mzrsq said, just informing future buyers so they can make an educated decision on who they buy (or don't) from.
wink.gif

We all still love ya, bro!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

yeah, bigbsbusa, nobody's pointing fingers, just informing for future mod wanna-bee's.  I'll keep you all posted on my order, delivery date and quality, hopefully this is just Sylvio and not a reflection on extreme graphics,

Dr1300r, that's nice, I like it,  I was looking to go with orange skin with the black kanji's in the side, reverse of what they stock for the bike.  Don't like all that black covering that pretty orange.  Anyways, with the metallic in the paint, I just think it was close enough for me, I have one of there skins on my gsxr, that from a few feet away you'd never know was a skin, that's kinda what I was going for.  Now that I see it Brian actually mentioned your skin when we were talking
smile.gif
I think the actual delay was on EG. They said they had been swamped with orders and had been playin' catch up until today. However, the shiddy business ethics are all on Silvio.
wink.gif

Always things that can happen, but my list gets widled down. Good service is rewarded in my book. Why take the chance.

Veltune
Schnitzracing
NLR
Chopper Keys
AFAM
Radical Race Works
Just to mention some companies that I have been extremely happy with products, service and advice.

Maybe I got lucky, but I ordered my first TG tail direct from EG and only paid the 249....no shipping, customs, tax, just 249 OTD. I ordered the second one through Silvio based on recomendations from here....paid 229 otd but was missing rivets for the plate bracket, and was 3 or 4 days later than promised. Not terrible service, but not great, either.

Back