What do you use for long trips

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
Post up pics and knowledge of saddle bags. I cant afford the Corbin $1700 set.

Looking around $100

i just use a backpack..but i`m a redneck!!!
beerchug.gif

I use joe rocket saddle bags and strap my tent and sleeping bag on the rear seat , I have a joe rocket tank bag that is curved so I can lean on it and it holds anything I need fast . took a month trip once so I know they will hold everything

Just got mine for my touring trip to Nova Scotia this year on my orange 2008.

2006_0915Image0002.JPG

Nelson Rigg Silver Streak bags, trunk, tank bag. All for around 160.00 from New enough. These things rock...plenty of room for a weeks worth of stuff.

Nelson Rigg   Silver Streak bags, trunk, tank bag.  All for around 160.00 from New enough.  These things rock...plenty of room for a weeks worth of stuff.

DSCF1512bag.jpg

Nelson Rig Saddle bags. Ogio tank bag. Have a Cortech tail bag also, but haven't used it yet.
beerchug.gif

24" seatbag with extended 'bungee bolts' and a small tankbag. I use a net and two large bungee cords. Very secure. Been as far east as Colorado and all the way to Glacier NP in Montana at the Canadian border. Good for a couple weeks worth of stuff. Any longer and I'd hit a laundromat. Don't like the look of side bags on the Busa. Plus, w/o the hump, the seatbag serves as a backrest too.

IMG013Small.jpg

IMG002Small.jpg

IMG011Small.jpg

IMG002__Medium_.JPG

i've got the Icon Urban Tank Bag and the Ventura system on the back...i think i can strap a blanket and small tent on the front of the Ventura rack if i put the bag in the back...should be able to carry everything i need if i get to do that trip with you guys in July
beerchug.gif

IMG_1358__Large_.JPG

Long time user of RKA Saddlebags. Bagster tank cover & tank bag combo up front.

Img_2690_Ceilo.jpg

Most of the time I use a $30 dollar Bell tank bag from Wal-mart and a Fox back pack that I found at a store in Atlanta for $40.

I bought Nelson-Rigg saddlebags for $60, but I'm a tankbag snob and I'll NEVER use a square bag-can't imagine trying to tuck in on top of one of those blocks!

Rapid Transit Recon 19- about $80 but to me an indispensable part of my bike, I never take it off.

recon19_small.jpg

I just bought the Nelson Rigg SS-110 tank Bag. I didn't like the way the "legs" hung over tank so they have been cut shorter! Should need dictate I will add the saddlebags and rear bag as shown above. Nice stuff.

I'm thinking I will have a Bk/Silv JR manta bag for sale at the Bash if anyone is interested.

man that $100 part makes it tough.... My Ventura was $150 used, bagster stuff is $300.. Maybe a good backpack and a decent net? use the frankenstein bolts and tie the entire thing down? or just wear the backpack?

You need this for Spring bash?

Back