Gilles question

BigRod1300

Registered
I've notice that Gilles on other bike brands that the rear brake master cylinder bracket is open and not solid like on the Busa sets. I'm thinking of cutting it open and having it chromed. This should not make it weak...Dont see this piece getting stressed? Your thoughts please. The red in the pic is what would be cut out.

cut_gilles.JPG

BigRod, I see my pictures are of some use
whistling.gif
 I am a designer at RR and think that additional machining cost to produce that rib was for a reason as to remove that material would be a simple M/C operation as there is no depth of cut required. Had a talk to our Stress guys, be believe it is a "Stress panel" as used in aircraft wing ribs, and believe it is for safety of the structure around that area. Also the Gilles rearsets are bike specific and could load the bracket differently on other models. Up too you mate but RR thinks its a bit risky  
beerchug.gif

Thanks...
laugh.gif
Sorry for the pic jacking. The photo chop was easier on yours than the one I have here. What would be causing the stress...master cylinder is mounted to it, but when engaged the cylinder pushess on the brake lever. *fixed mount pushing against a mobil mount?* I now Gilles research would make these that way for a reason
rock.gif

OK, I desided not to cut the Gilles, and I did not paint that section black...not yet. Here are some pics of my Gilles with BLING
cool.gif

brake side

DSCN1226.JPG

Back