How many miles is on your busa?

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
Just curious what the life expectancy is of the busa engine before it needs a rebuild? How many trouble free miles do you guys/gals have your busa?

I wanted to do a poll but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Almost 30K bought her in Sept. 06

Picture_075__Small_.jpg

55,000+ miles. Only bad thing so far was a fuel pump.

There are a couple guys near the 100,000 mark. They'll last forever as long as you take care of them.

2069....70.....71....72....73....... need to stop texting ...VZ Wireless is the bomb I can ride and view the site at the same time... my to favorite things....76.....77
firedevil.gif

36k on mine, no issues. just changed clutches, but thats cause i was getting a new clutch cover and had the 1 piece clutch mod, so figured while i had it apart i might as well do the clutch and springs.

Just curious what the life expectancy is of the busa engine before it needs a rebuild?  How many trouble free miles do you guys/gals have your busa?

I wanted to do a poll but I couldn't figure out how to do it.
If your an average rider who doesn't drag race alot, or use nitrous/turbo ect, and maintain it properly, It'll probably outlast you  
winkold.gif
 I have a buddy that regularly puts close to 100k on his bikes, runs them hard but maintains them well, and he's never worn one out yet. He's been through a honda, kawi, and a suzuki (all big bores) with no probs  
winkold.gif

laugh.gif

winkold.gif

I got about 18k on my 04,I brought it dec,06 crashed w/ 7k on it,I did not ride it until april 07 when it was done and regestered.Had to fix the tranny due to the first owners riding it like they did not have to pay for it.No other problems other than the chain stretching every few rides.Hopefully I'll get to see the 100k mark with it someday.

100250 miles but not all on the same engine. I've put 42000 on one engine that was a 1397. I tore it down to refresh it for the guy I sold it too and everything looked GOOD - rod and crank bearing showed almost no wear. Keeping the oil changed regularly is one of the keys !!!

45,500 and some change. Shooting for that 100,000 mile mark. Gimmee about three more years.

It's an '03, btw.

--Wag--

P.S. If the bike doesn't, "last forever," Charles is going to refund your money.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

'02 w/ 30.3k. Rides like a champ, need to get my tranny undercut and change out the shift forks. Previous owner didnt fix it.

Back