Finally finished the garage...

ZbornacSVT

Registered
We bought this house last January and it left a little to be desired in the garage area....over 70% of the garage was unfinished, and I was in need of a new project. Anyway, I've been tryin to get the garage finished up so I can get all my mods installed on the bike!

Best part of the garage is the twin dual 8 foot HO lighting. I can see EVERYTHING. Also added a Craftsman 8' workbench, screw drive GDO, and a tire changer. Anybody local, feel free to stop buy and use the tire changer. I still need to acquire a balancer, but haven't yet. Still have some posters to hang, and some shelving I would like to add, but at least it is to a functional state. Have a peek!!

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

All stocked up on fluids!!!
DSC00271.jpg

Everyone all cozy..
DSC00266.jpg

Bike mods are starting to accumulate.. hugger, undertail, brake pads, braided lines, horn, etc..
DSC00267.jpg

Please let me know your thoughts/ideas/opinions!!

-Kimball

Wow, nice!!

Now you just need to pick up a lift table. I bought the HF one when it was on sale last year and but a Baxley on it. I can't see working on the bike with out it now.

LOOKS GOOD there, I have a 4 car garage and my Busa is in the house, think i need to start cleaning it out and get my work area back ! Nice to have found some more Indiana riders not too far away !

Very, very nice. One major flaw "Z". In your last pic, you see those windows in your garage door and the emergency release cord nearby just inside? You're making it very easy for a thief to break the window, pull the release cord and wallah! they're in. Cut the cord or seal up the inside of the windows.

Wow, nice!!

Now you just need to pick up a lift table. I bought the HF one when it was on sale last year and but a Baxley on it. I can't see working on the bike with out it now.
I originally was planning a lift, but although it would fit, I think it would kill my elbow room. Being 6'6" 370 I need my room, lol.

Very, very nice. One major flaw "Z". In your last pic, you see those windows in your garage door and the emergency release cord nearby just inside? You're making it very easy for a thief to break the window, pull the release cord and wallah! they're in. Cut the cord or seal up the inside of the windows.
I have thought about that, but have yet to do anything about it. Long term I actually want to replace the door as it is a little damaged, isn't straight, and leaks, plus I hate having windows. The way the GDO is designed, you can still trip it with a stick if the cord isn't there.... Wasn't that impressed with that design. I supposed removing the cord would at least slow em down or not be as obvious.

LOOKS GOOD there, I have a 4 car garage and my Busa is in the house, think i need to start cleaning it out and get my work area back ! Nice to have found some more Indiana riders not too far away !
Drop me a line sometime and let get a meet and greet going. I have only been here a year and have yet to meet any riders worth riding with (other than family of course).

I have thought about that, but have yet to do anything about it. Long term I actually want to replace the door as it is a little damaged, isn't straight, and leaks, plus I hate having windows. The way the GDO is designed, you can still trip it with a stick if the cord isn't there.... Wasn't that impressed with that design. I supposed removing the cord would at least slow em down or not be as obvious.
+1

Yes, it can also be tripped without the cord and a broomstick. Windows look nice from the outside and allow sunlight in when closed, but I chose none for the safety factor alone. For short term I would simply board up the windows somehow until you get it replaced with this beauties in there.

Nice lookin' garage you got there.............Just needs a few posters and banners though to finish it off.
beerchug.gif

Very nice, and organized. My two car garage is full of cages, so the Busa is crowded along one wall. Your setup is very nice
beerchug.gif

I run T5 HO lighting in my garage as well.. (yours T8?) It is not cheap by any stretch but worth every penny IMO..

Nice tire changer
smile.gif

Back