Gear

JBradley0181

Donating Member
Registered
In need of a helmet for under 200 and some leathers two piece im a big guy im 6'4 264lbs wear a 2xl tall in jackets my suits i wear a 52 tall can someone point me in the direction to finding a company other then first gear that makes some stuff for the big and tall guys out here thanks
joe

Some of our sponsors usually have some good deals on lids, we use motorcycle-superstore.com, and we got our leathers at cyclegear.com( 2 piece Frank Thomas Titanium)

im more worried about the leathers then the lid i have a lid in mind a kbc
beerchug.gif

Newenough.com lots of specials and deals on closeout. Bought all my leather there. Good folks to deal with.

I don't own one but from what I was told, GMAX GM68S is the "Helmet of the year" for webbikeworld.com and they can be bought for around $105...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't own one but from what I was told, GMAX GM68S is the "Helmet of the year" for webbikeworld.com and they can be bought for around $105...

Hmmmmm, I'm considering a second lid now...

Really like the removeable, REPLACEABLE liner, after two riding seasons (10,000 miles) my Shoei RF 1000 liner feels compressed and not as snug or cushy as when I bought it. Hell, for that matter this helmet costs as much as a replacement LINER for a Shoei X-11!!

Looks like a good helmet, not an el cheapo...

Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to check Frank Thomas leathers at cycle gear? My friend is a big guy, 6"1' and 270 lbs who purchased Frank Thomas and they fit him pretty well. They are very reasonably priced as well.

You may end up having a suit custom made if you want good fit?

Joe, I have bought a ton of gear from www.newenough.com They are great people to buy from and have the best customer service of any company I have ever delt with. They also have some hard to find gear in sizes that other companies do not stock. Right now they have a great special on the HJC CL-15 Orbit, and the CL-15 session helmets in all colors and sizes. Both are exceed snell M2005 and DOT standards. Price $69.00 ! check em out.

I had on a HJC helmet when I crashed. Took out a 4" X 4" metal pole with the nose of the bike, my head and shoulder! Great helmet for the price.

IMG00290.jpg

Im 6'3" 292lbs 56L ...i wear a Komodo xxxl leather jacket amd I have a xxxl Joe rocket leather jacket,both fit good,they are always tight around my chest but leather loosens up the more you wear and sweat in it..the Komodo was special order,you should be able to find jackets off the rack for you..I have a icon mainframe helmet i love,it was about $260,thats pretty cheap for a good quality

+++++a zillion on Newenough but they don't sell Fieldsheer. My last leather purchase was a FS jacket as shown. I didn't pay retail and I LOVE this jacket. BTW, it does NOT come with a full sleeve liner like their ad says but when I complained about that, they sent me the liner of my choice for free. Good company!

http://www.fieldsheer.com/2008site/ff/productspage/supersportL.htm

Oh, my daughter loves her CL15 HJC helmet from newenough. Great price!

Yeah, I got my Joe Rocket Jordan jacket from newenough.com and was SUPER happy with it. I picked it up for under $130 to my door, and new it was a $600 coat all day long.

They seem to have a opretty good selection, and lots of clearanced items as well.

Also, Dennis kirk has the occsaional super cheap deal on stuff. A buddy of mine picked up a CL-15 from them last fall for something like 45 bucks.

The Frank Thomas stock just went up in my book, James Toseland (freshman MotoGP rider) is wearing leathers made by a subsidiary of FT...
rock.gif

AC-12 Yikes III Helmet for 129.99 and im ordering it tonight unless i hear bad things tonight also the problem with alot of jackets is the lenth in the arm and around the lower back when i huntch over it ride
beerchug.gif
s up my back it would be fine if a were a chick and had a nice butt but im not lol

Back