Need to know everyones

monsterspeedfreak

Donating Member
Registered
Hey folks......I have a friend who just bought an 03.
He wants to know every benefit the TRE gives you, and since mines a 99.....I've never watched these type of threads to close.
For those that have one, can you please tell me exactly what they did for ya, and has anyone had their bike on GPS before and after that mod......does it eliminate the governor FOR SURE or not, and does it make the lower three gears a bit less jerky or not.
Thanks in advance guys........I know you'll all give great advise.

Bill

what's a TRE?
rock.gif
??

he has to ask himself why he wants it. If he s going to go over 186mph (true) more then once get it. It will help some on the lower end for smoothness, BUT THAT CAN BE CORRECTED WITH PC AND A GOOD TUNER. I suggest what i always say. Don't bother with it until you have exceeded the bikes limits.

I have a '99 and the TRE does smooth out a little jerkiness off throttle in the lower gears. It is not a huge improvement in performance or smoothness. If I had paid $80 for one I would have been disappointed but SleeperBusa gave a great deal on it so I was not so disappointed in the Dollar to Performance Ratio. If he plans on changing the exhaust or getting a Power commander tell him to not bother with it.

I have one a 'smart one' fitted which does not give the problems with nutrel like the old ones. However cannot really tell too much difference - but like the thought of it being there and being able to let loose my bikes full potential if required........

lately it is getting to be a statues thing. Give the bike the capabilities. 186mph (ture) which is 220mph on the speedo is more then most peope will ever see. However you never know...

Can anyone please explain in simple terms ( possibly with pictures ) how to do this because it certainly souinds the best way for myself.

Quote fro simple tre instalation

Speedlimiter on 2002 models
When your only problem is the speedlimiter in the 6th gear, the easiest way to bypass it is by using a zener diode wired with the cathode to the pink wire and the anode to ground. You will need a voltage of 4.3volts and 250 mw should work fine. It will leave all gears up to sixth alone. As soon as the bike goes into sixth the diode will clamp the voltage to 4.3 volts so the ecm sees fifth gear selected so no speed limiter.

I've got one on an 02...It's like Ninja Eater said when will you get that fast...Not often...As far as down low I haven't felt a difference...I take mine on and off, on and off...So If he's going to do it he should probably do the 6.8k resistor mod...
evil.gif

Tinman, there is a description and picture of how to do the 6.8K mod on the Fast Sjonny's site that I posted above.  Search for "The simple TRE-modification" on the page.

MSF,
I've got one of the fancy ones on my 2003, and while I haven't tested the top-end part, but I do recall that the low end response seemed better. I've had it on so long now that I don't really remember. I'll have to disable it, test, and re-enable to give you a solid answer. Since I got an A-TRE, the dollar-to-performance ratio is on the low-side.

--Juggler

not too sure....I have a 99 and I have yet to find enough road to hit close to 200mph.

Livin on an island has it's benefits, but it also has its downsides.

Monsta , tell him not to bother .

- idle's like crap
- slower quarter mile
- chance to flip it
- less mpg
- blah blah blah

why bother ? If he's going for the land speed record, he wouldn't be asking about a TRE on this board .

I tried it.....went back to semi-stock .

hav a trouble free 1......RSD.

Thanks everyone....he's decided not to go with it...thanks to your advise.
He's gonna join the board too.....watch for him.......name is Trolleywire.......really nice guy!!

Hey MonstaSF,

I have a TRE and I've really noticed a difference in the smoothness of the first three gears. The bike seems to shift real smooth with it on. I've come real close but never reached the top end to verify. Good luck.

Brian

Here are some hard evidence.

The green line is before mapping

The red line is with the ATRE connected.

The blue line is with the ATRE disconnected.

As you can see before 2500 rpm the ATRE seems to work just fine.
But from 7000 rpm you drop a litle power and you loose 2 hp at the top.

Dynokurvan_Busan.JPG

Here are some hard evidence.

The green line is before mapping

The red line is with the ATRE connected.

The blue line is with the ATRE disconnected.

As you can see before 2500 rpm the ATRE seems to work just fine.
But from 7000 rpm you drop a litle power and you loose 2 hp at the top.
WTF makes 134# torque and 167HP not any busa I know of

Back